 Trains / 20956
Re: Full Throttle and WINE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:25:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian B. Alano wrote:
Just wanted to report that I loaded Full Throttle 1.00
<http://www.drvegetable.com/download_throttle.html> in RedHat Linux 8.x using
WINE version 20020605-2, and it loaded just fine and appeared to send IR commands
through COM1 (don't have a RCX with LDCC at the moment to make sure). The only
issues I noticed:

Under the Help Menu, the HTTP links didn't do anything,

WINE apparently doesn't emulate network support.  My method for loading a web
page is unlikely to work under WINE, as this is also a known issue for Virtual
Remote.

WINE reported the following as it loaded:
fixme:file:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD LEGOTOWER1. Try setting Windows
version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.

This is the USB Tower driver from the RIS 2.0 package.  I'm not too surprised
that the USB driver isn't available there.  It looks like the program won't be
able to use a USB tower under WINE, but it should ignore the missing driver
without any problems, and shouldn't even try to load it once you configure it to
use a COM port instead.

fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 1024 outsize 1024 unimplemented stub

This one could be more of a problem, but maybe not.  SetupComm() is responsible
for configuring the size of the I/O buffers used for communicating with the IR
tower.  In the current program, all communication goes out to LDCC and nothing
goes back to the PC, so the program may work anyway, even if this facility is
not implemented under WINE.

err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [00090022] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!

Yikes!  What freaking rookie forgot to call ReleaseDC()?  I'll probably want to
fix that one...

Thanks Christopher!
-Brian

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll let you know if/when an update is available.

- Chris.