 Trains / 20873
20872  |  20874
Subject:
That's horsepower! ( was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 00:24:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:

Still these pictures - as I remember thenm - are very impressing; even if I have
not found any via google right now.

Wow. Thanks for those links.  That's some horsepower.

Did you count them to determine 33 or 38 or whatever? If so, you have far better
eyes than me, all those horses kinda blur together and I doze off trying to
count them.

After a second trial google came up with these links with up to 38 horses:

http://www.historylink101.com/lessons/farm-city/combine_1.jpg (16 horses)

http://www.geog.ucsb.edu/~joel/g148_f01/lect20/horse_combine.jpg  (33 horses)

http://nmaa-ryder.si.edu/helios/AmericanPhotographs/images/under01b.jpg (33
horses again)

That last pic is, I think, a stereoscopic pic. Way cool. I tried holding a card
up to my screen and looking at the two images with one eye each but it just
blurred for me. You might have better luck though, or you could even try
printing it out...

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/railton/enam312/decades/189505.jpg (38 horses)

amazing.