 Trains / 20917
Re: Train ramps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:32:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Kollross wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Lesser wrote:
Hey guys, I am thinking of redesigning my arctic base and want to place a train
in it. How flexable are the tracks? Can I make a ramp with them so that the
train can go up and down without placing to much stress on the track pieces?

Thanks,

Larry

From what I understand the most you should slope the track is 1 plate per
section.  I've heard of people pushing it to 2 plates per section but it can
lead to traction problems.

Also be chary of changing the RATE of climb too fast or (in my view, although
this is a bit controversial) changing the rate of climb on curves.

See the FAQ:

http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Trains/

particularly

http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Trains/incline

which leads you to this excellent resource:

http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/inclines.htm

Hope that helps.