 Trains / 20918
Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:50:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Ludo Soete wrote:
[snip]
On this link you can see a start of a MOC passenger car (type I6 or similar)
from the Belgian Railways. I've got to cheat, because Lego doesn't provide
train doors and train windows in Orange, so i painted grey train doors and
windows. The color doesn't match 100% but its close. I love this color
scheme, looks very nice.

I think this second link should be:

A typical case of forgetting to copy the second link, and so pasting the first
link twice. It happened to all of us.

I'm still missing the curved bricks to complete the roof.

Can't you use, at least partially, Brick  2 x  3 with Curved Top also? (the
bricks from the Santa Fé roofs):
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/6215.gif

I can use those, but i would like to hold the gravity point as low as possible.
The total wieght of those bricks is higher than the 6081 and plates on top.
Leaves also enough room to put lightbulbs (or white LED's) in the top of the
roof, witch can't be done with the 6215 bricks. Just thinking a bit ahead ...

Regards,
Ludo

See you in Zwolle?

Both trains look/will look very distinctive. The orange coatch is quite familiar
to us, because NS (Dutch Railroads) hired a few to relieve roling stock
shortage. Good work, Ludo.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.