 Trains / *9569 (-100)
  Re: Another 8-wide engine

Hi Frank, (...) Thanks, the cardoors give the chimney a more aerodynamical style. I thought about cutting the white round 2x2x1 and use just one half in front, followed by the cardoors... BUT: I won't cut LEGO bricks!! The rods-maniac is simple! (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Mountain Switching

I'm posting this also in the main trains group in case someone has indeed cut the edge off some switches or found a way to make a switching yard close together like this. I'm going to try an interleaved yard to get the tracks the way I want - I'll (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  A little "cat"-astrophe...

Here's a link to a post in the German Lego Forum from Michael Schian under the title "We're eating roast cat this weekend!": (URL) you'd like to see a couple of the (former) engines in the pile, go to (URL) and look for the BR23 and the Mallet. Alan (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Future of Belville

(...) An interesting twist on the Belville format and theme, to be sure. I'm not sure I would like to see Harry Potter et. al. taking over Belville anymore than the other commentators in that thread, but I can see where the Belville scale would give (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Another 8-wide engine

(...) Hi Holger, Great model! I like the details, especially the use of minifig cardoors to mimic the shape of the chimney. One thing has got me puzzeled however: the rods next to the big wheels seem to be firm so how is it able to drive around (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Another 8-wide engine

Hi folks, As surprise MOC I build an 8-wide steam engine for the Train-Event just after X-Mas in Braunschweig/Germany. Now I have collected all pictures by various people (Thanks to Ben and Jan.K) and opened a new brickshelf gallery: (URL) wasn't (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Town building contest begins!

Announcing the first annual Town building contest! Go here for details: (URL) must be in by Feb 15th. Kevin ---...--- Victorian House: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) store: (URL) auctions: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) <SNIP> (...) Exactly - after I went to Legoland Windsor, I came home with stars in my eyes, and a burning desire to get ahold of tens of thousands of tan bricks... (...) Yeah, I figured you used something like 336 of the little windows in that (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What's "a car" & what's a "digital picture"? (was:Re: LEGO Trains on trial?)

(...) I definitely agree on this, the contest should draw a few more trainheads into the fold. And as for my method of picture-taking, I have no choice but to use a disposable for this. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet in Las Vegas this week end?

whats CES? (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) Yah, it's a replica of the Brown County Historical Society building in New Ulm, MN (a small Germanesque community). It uses hundreds of the 1x2 tiles w/ top center stud to achieve some subtle detailing. One of these days I'll get some digital (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Meet in Las Vegas this week end?

Anyone going to Las Vegas this weekend for CES show? Want to meet? I can get mail from my yahoo account on the road, stevebarile@yahoo.com, for arranging a time and place. SteveB PNLTC (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  What's "a car" & what's a "digital picture"? (was:Re: LEGO Trains on trial?)

(...) Hmm? What constitutes "a car"? 1) Would a double-stack container group with shared wheelsets be more than one "car"? 2) Is a steam locomotive with tender actually TWO "cars"? (unlikely to be viewed as two separate "cars", but can it literall (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) Rich, I'll front for any of your trains, even the "Citirus Express." Bob (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001

(...) With the much improved rope barrier and the huge play area to distract grabbing/touching, not to mention the elongated "three-sided shape" meaning we're mostly facing one direction, I think we should be OK. Of course any AFOL from NALug and/or (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) EEE...EEEHHH...HHH wrong if you read the rules you can only enter A CAR (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001

John, If I use the GETS money to buy one of the packs of conveyor belts from myself, and then use superglue to permanently stick the mailboxes (or safes, lets not go there again!) to the threads, do you think that would fix the problem? Michel (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) How about Lionel, Hornby Doblo, Triang, Trix Twin, ect? The "fan" layouts are almost exclusively of one manufacturer, and do promote the stuff- although 3 of the 4 mentioned above are now defunct :( (...) give (...) (snipped stats) Yep. I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Future of Belville

(...) Check out this thread, Wes. (URL) Sean (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Harry Potter speculation

(...) Agreed. It depends on how Warner Bros. feels about Lego interpretation of the work. Warner seems to have most of the domestic (U.S.) merchandising for HP tied up with some sort of an agreement to approve or disapprove licensed items based on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: train show

Actually I don't have any big issue with having some of the LEGO train sets in the layout. Some of the sets I rather like. I will admit that rarely have any of the sets of the past 3 years shown up as permit aditions to the layout, but the classic (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) Since NELUG did this at the train show (along with showing off empty boxes for some sets), I'm relatively sure what Eric K is arguing against is showing off LEGO sets assembled and in the layout. I have to agree with him, there. eric (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Eric Kingsley writes: <snip> (...) I agree that it's not the LTCs job or purpose to sell train sets for LEGO, but I do think that the LTC have a purpose of not only displaying layouts but to promote the hobby of LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) I can totally relate to that statement. When I worked at the LEGO Imagination Center, I would hear that all the time. Parent & child would look at one of our displays, parent would say "That's impossible", child would look carefully and say (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) You are correct in that the TCS display did have some stock sets but as you say that was kind of the point and it is their window after all. Train shows are not LEGO's "window" they are the clubs "window". My question is why should we try so (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Harry Potter speculation

(...) "leaning in the Belville direction" ??? ?Really? --What do you base that on? Wouldn't it be hard to create a train large enough for those silly Belville characters. Also, I would have never thought that if Lego purchased a licensing agreement (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Harry Potter speculation

Actually, I think the Hogwarts Express is a VERY likely candidate for inclusion in the HP Lego series, but probably NOT as a 9v train line item. Think Time Twisters Twisted Time Train (6497) rather than true Lego 9v Train. Lego is thinking for sets (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  More ramblings about the train contest

I have decided that I will probably enter the train contest, and I was thinking about what really happens if I loose the copyright to my design. 1. Nothing. For those of you that market your designs loosing the right to do so would be significant. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train show

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Frank Filz writes: <snip> (...) It was not my intention to suggest a display should be dummied down. Mediocity rules in so many things these days. I don't think excellence = intimidation. Well maybe for some adults ... kids (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: my moc: VIA F40PH

(...) sloped grille tiles on the F40PH would go, I am not certain how my design would be helpful here. None the less, here are the two different ways I created an inverted sloping grille. In the 6-wide version (URL) tiles were not securely attached (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  The curves are up!

I got done posting the curved bridge(s) on Brickshelf not too long ago, check out (URL) to catch a look. This time all the images fall within a reasonable viewing range of 512x384. There was one overhead I would like to have put up but I'll try (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) I think that any "trial" TLC might run must be balanced against the prosperity of this predominantly S@H product line, as well as against the awesome presence of the displays assembled by AFOL's. What other line, with the possible exception of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) I... Um... Just reread the rules and realized that I can't enter. Well, I could enter, but I'd be disqualified... So, if someone wants to go and plagerize me, feel free to do so. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) I disagree. I am much more confident of the future of trains than some here. And as for this contest having grand galactic significance, I don't see it. Like I said to Suz, it's just a fun contest. (...) Again, I disagree. I don't think TLC (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Trains on trial?

(...) I too feel afraid for the demise of this wonderful line. I myself am going to submit my tank cars and at least one of my versions of passenger trains. The rules did not say that you couldn't submit something that's been seen out there already. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  the train contest, my thoughts

1.the winner will be something that kids can build fairly easily using stuff from currently available sets and service (also called "bulk") packs. 2.TLG inst out to look for new ideas for the trains line, this contest probobly wont have any affect (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Trains on trial?

Hello everyone, I finally got a copy of the new LEGO S&H catalog. After paging through this I've noticed several new sets. Star Wars, Life On Mars, Trains.....did I say Trains? Silly me, I've noticed that 4565 ain't featured this time. What I did (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter speculation

(...) Actually, in addition to the Hogwarts stuff, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Diagon Alley and Gringots Bank. If they do anywhere near as good as they've done with the SW sets I'll be happy. Best, Aaron (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: train show

(...) I really wonder if anyone would have such a negative reaction like you describe, Frank. We look at our layout as something akin to Miniland in LL-- not something that people would necessarily even be able to or try to emulate, but something (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) I also agree that it's a good idea to have some referents that people can recognize. I was also just thinking that the Castle display at TCS had some stock sets in it (of course that display was also being done for a store which obviously has (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Harry Potter speculation

(...) Sure. Not a chance. The LEGO sets will be based on the movie, remember. The movie, unlike the book, has rather tight time constraints. Given, then, that the train will likely be a short scene, I'd be surprised to see a real train set (ie, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001

SRC wrote in message ... (...) ;-) "John's guts" are still built and available. Since it's not 100% jam free yet, it should be run with no "grain". At GETS, it ran like this unattended for an entire afternoon. Once you obtain the elevator shell (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G6M711.7tz@lugnet.com... (...) [ .... lots of snippage ... ] (...) display (...) start (...) same, (...) This is exactly the point I was trying to make, Sheree just made it more (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

Can anyone scan that catalog and show it for us who can't get it soon? Br Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: train show

Normally with the NGLTC shows we have three elements to our display areas. First there is the layout itself taking up the majority of the allocated space, then there is the Kids Railway and last we have a couple of information tables (also where our (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, John Neal writes: <snip> (...) I can definitely see TLC taking (or at least trying to take) a more active role in the future. Whether they do or not is up to them and how they present it. It could be presented in such a way (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) I didn't state what I meant very clearly... when I said a 4561 built per instructions I meant the just the actual train, not the set. The box is enough to show that some track and the controler is included. One lousey ;-) little 4561 running (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Harry Potter speculation

Seems to me that two sets should be obvious for the HP line comin' up this 2001 fall season, Hogwarts School/Castle and the Hogwarts Express/Train. If so what does this mean for the Train line currently running? Would it too, like the Town line, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: train show

(...) Me either. They already have stepped up efforts in this area. Just ask any of the groups that have gotten support lately. (...) It would be great if TLC had something developed that massed less than the S@H catalog that was targeted to the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) I understand where you are coming from, Eric. We at the GMLTC don't display any stock stuff at all, either. But I think that we (TLC and LTCs) are in this thing together, if not officially. And I won't be surprised if TLC decides to take an (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 4.5 Volt straight track (p/n 3228), different versions ?

(...) allow hill crests - when attached to the 2x8 plate (sleeper) it allowed them to tilt downwards without reducing greatly the "tightness" of the joint. Dunno if this is actually the reason for it or not... Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: train show

(...) Well I just happened to catch this post and because I have a definite opinion on this I thought I would but in. BTW I think this is an unpopular opinion. As to having actual LEGO sets as part of a train show layout I say phooey!!! I could care (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001

(...) I also think we should put our time towards more buildings and worry less about function at this point. Function is cool & a bonus, but I'd rather have two static display pieces instead of 1 functional. (...) Hmm. Setup/takedown isn't my big (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: 4.5 Volt straight track (p/n 3228), different versions ?

(...) No... (...) The old "blue" rail parts and the non-slotted "gray" parts are very different: Both ends of old "blue" track flange is tapered over a length simmilar to that of a 1 stud brick. This tapering (in a vertical direction) is normal (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

(...) It's the regular prize offered by TLC. "Any LEGO set (up to $100.00 value)", is the standard verbiage. I don't recall if that's the way this one is written or not. But I agree, they could definitely offer better prizes. Especially in the 18+ (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: my moc: VIA F40PH

(...) Troublesome, yes. Impossible...no. Christopher Masi (I think it was he) did sloping grilles on one of his diesels. It uses two 1x2 inverse slopes, two grille tiles, a 1x2 to 1x4 bracket and a hinge (or hinges). Perhaps he could provide a URL. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4.5 Volt straight track (p/n 3228), different versions ?

(...) I agree, any blue rail set has pieces like this... I always thought that the non-slotted rails in 6761 were the same design, maybe even same molds, as the earlier blue rails that did not clip on to the ties. However, I never checked the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001

(...) Secret surprise?? If you mean the "future of LEGO trains", you'll have to wait for Mr. Justus to make his announcement. AFAIK he won't be in Calgary, but it would be cool if he were to visit. :-) (...) It can still be a great non-functioning (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: my moc: VIA F40PH

kai brodersen <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:G6Lsvn.FFA@lugnet.com... (...) Yeah, I think I saw that. Its not 100% clear by the picture, but with close examination it implies that. Could you take some more detailed shots of the HO (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I am new to track designer - help!

Hi! For the gas station plates, see my registry on Brickshelf.com (URL) also old police station plates, fire station plates, etc. I've used Paint (Paintbrush) to customise the plates doing a copy/paste for TD to Paint. Do another copy/paste from (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) days. I have to give some credit to (blame;) Steve Demlow, who built a beautiful replica (Steve, care to chime in?:-) of a building last year (but hasn't posted pics). After seeing that and after having visited Miniland, I have become very (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Will Champman's Page is gone?

(...) Moved to: (URL) the LUGNET addy could also get changed? James P (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

Hi John, Great work! I laughed when I saw it - it reminded me of a building I threw together in November: (URL) kind of architecture, only you've got me completely outclassed :) Brilliant work - I hope you don't mind if I steal a few pages from your (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) I did no such thing! Killing Lugnet would cut off half of my web-surfing. I was wondering about what happened, though. I hit Post and the browser appeared to do nothing for like 5 minutes. Having suffered from multiple post syndrome in the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Novice train wannabe needing help.

(...) Try searching lycos,alltheweb.com, google, yahoo, alta vista, or any other major search engine for multimedia (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my moc: VIA F40PH

(...) The problem with the grilles on this engine is that they follow up the slopes thus impossible to do in lego :( (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  I am new to track designer - help!

Hi, I just downloaded the track designer 2.0 last week, and I am trying to dupilcate my idea town form parts I have. I am trying to make some of my own parts - first I need to get the simple down, lol. I have many of the smaller 16x16 baseplates in (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Will Champman's Page is gone?

I just tried one of my bookmarks (URL) I guess this site is gone. Will had some great stuff on this site. Did he move the page, or is it gone for good? Thanks, Chris (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) Well, I would not say it isn't train related too quickly. I think this building would serve very well as a train company head office, or with some modifications, as the main facade for a grand 19th century railway terminus. Greetings, M. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  FS: 4539, 4548, 4555, 4558, 4559, 7722

See: (URL) to Set FS -- Sonnich Jensen E-mail: sonnich@novobcs.ee Phone: +372 6 501 324 www.novobcs.ee (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) Yes, blue too. 3635, Bonnie Bunny's Camper. (URL) Bonsma's Unofficial Fabuland Homepage has an inventory of Fabuland elements showing a picture of most and listing the various sets in which each can be found and the color and #of copies. (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOC: Bridges for Trains

Thanks to the digital camera, I'll have photos of the bridging used in my "Limacion" track layout up around Wednesday, and since the far end where the trains come around and make a u-turn (so to speak) you can see some photos of my curved design. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Novice train wannabe needing help.

I've been a Lego maniac for well over 20 years now and I have NEVER owned or been interested in owning a train set... until now. Having seen some of the incredible work that Larry and many others have done I am feeling the urge to try my hand at (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) structures, I am very pleased that John has built a very inspiring beautiful building. I think that with more bulk sales items available (like WINDOWS!), we will be seeing more train folks building large "town" structures. If my town can have (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) Well done.. You out designed the offical designers!! Seriously I would suggest that you get in touch with TLC/TLG officaly on this to see if they could produce a parts/sticker pack for us AFOLS.. (ISTR them syaing they would now be more (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Small update of the FGLTC pages

Hi Folks, as posted before we have had a Lego® fest in late December and it was probably the biggest Lego® fan meeting in Europe so far. Even if many of you might have seen photos of the event uploaded at some brickshelf galleries, I have made up a (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) Keep your fingers crossed that Mickey does well and maybe?? Many other Fabuland parts are back thanks to that mouse. Since my daughter has discovered her love for Fabuland that's a good thing! ++Lar (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: my moc: VIA F40PH

(...) In general I hold that busyness adds even if it's not exactly correct. So I'd keep the bricks with grilles as they add more texture than the corro. It's not "correct" for grilles to stick out that much, but it is "pleasant" which matters more. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001

Congratulations and great work on getting the play area supplies form TLG. Will I have to go to Calgary to find out what the secret surprise is? Did you want me to bring my roundhouse? The turntable is sunken, so it wouldn't work on a regular table. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: my moc: VIA F40PH

kai brodersen <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:G6HzJK.LCM@lugnet.com... (...) Well I've never seen you do that, because I just started reading this group. I like the model, but I have a few constructive criticisms... (...) Glad you (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

Allan, Regarding the red car roof... as with most unrecognizable parts, the answer is Fabuland. They came in red, yellow, and possibly blue. I would be willing to give a few mini-figs' eye teeth for TLG to do a run of these again... especially in (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) Too bad- they were 6.98 (CDN) at wally world here- but they are all gone now. I got only about 25 more- I had to leave _some_ behind, went back to try and get more today, but they were all gone :( (I have ~60 of them, and would like (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  It's done! (was Re: MOC: Bridges for Trains)

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message news:MABBIBJJFOJIOHD...wru.edu... (...) Done! I tried to keeep all the shots within 1024 range or less, but above 640x480, just for those who would like to see some detail. The elongated horizontal (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Turntables (was: The Royal Train Website)

(...) Err, I thought you got your first train set back in June at Brickfest :-) FUT lugnet.fun (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) Seems like you killed, indeed - you killed lugnet!!!! j/k... this is probably the search thing gone wrong again. Anyway, whenever you see this, I'd betcha John got the slopes from <set:5938 Oasis Ambush>. It has a bunch of them for $8 or less! (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) Well, got about 100 from Brickbayers, and the rest from 50 copies of the Oasis Ambush ( (URL) ) Don't have to kill to get them-- well, maybe your *bank* account;-) -John (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Turntables (was: The Royal Train Website)

Several people have cut track in half and use the cut side toward the gap. For example for a turn table you'd use 1 cut track (two 1/2's) for the turn table itself and 1 cut track (two 1/2's) for every two radial sidings. However Kim Toll, another (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Small rework of railings

I mentioned that I was reworking the railings on my diesel, and I said I would post a picture this weekend. Well, I missed my deadline, but here is the picture. (URL) is not a big deal, I just changed the railings that I was using on the trucks of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) They are also found in (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

Fantastic creations set in a beautiful layout. In the town scene what part was used for the roof of the red car in the bottom left hand corner? Any chance of having gallery pictures of your vehicles? Allan J Smith Brian Williams wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Preparation for SuperTrain 2001

(...) I just got confirmation. TLG is sending me all the various LEGO that I requested for the kid's play area. If the Calgary club kicks in the $50 for the hardware and provides the tables and supervision as expected, we should have an awesome play (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MOC: Bridges for Trains

Sorry about that. I didn't realize what I had done untill I got finished loading all my images. I discovered you tend to get spoiled when you switch to a cable server, unfortunately, not everyone can enjoy it! I take some time tomorrow to reload (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Bridges for Trains

Adrian, Some very impressive pieces of engineering! The outside trusses and sheer scale must make it very exciting to follow a train across. Please, some shots of your curved bridges too. -BMW (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

(...) I'm not sure about a language barrier--he writes as well as some allegedly native speakers of English I know! Still, I apologize to Kai for my snippy jab; nothing was meant by it. Dave! (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) Maybe he did like Troy C. did and bought about a million of the 5938 Oasis Ambush set (see (URL) to see what I did with them) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) Where did you get so many 2x2x3 slopes for the roof?! I could do half of one side in a plethora of colors. I'd kill for that many slope pieces. (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MOC: Bridges for Trains

(...) ...Fantastic work! I'd love to see some details of the girder structure (like how the LEGO math worked out to for that height). That beast is beautiful tho (even at huge picture size (as others have pointed out :-) How did you work out the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:G6Jw1x.Gns@lugnet.com... (...) Eehhh! that hurts to think about thinking about attempting! Anyways...scratch building Z is pretty impressive, Brian. I couldn't scratchbuild an HO much less (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) Good Heavens! That's like those guys who sculpt animals out of grains of rice! Unless you're three inches tall, that's an astonishingly small medium to choose. Bravo! Dave! (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

Chris, The dark green on the "Kathryn" locomotive is nothing more than carefully trimmed contact paper used to line kitchen drawers. Because she was decorated five years ago, the gold pinstriping and lettering was cut and applied by hand under (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact