 Trains / 9032
9031  |  9033
Subject:
Novice train wannabe needing help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:10:16 GMT

I've been a Lego maniac for well over 20 years now and I have NEVER owned or
been interested in owning a train set... until now.   Having seen some of
the incredible work that Larry and many others have done I am feeling the
urge to try my hand at Lego-locomotion as it were.

I recently bought two 4561s from Brickbay and they should be arriving fairly
shortly... this will give me track and wheels and such.

What I need help with is the following:

I want my first engine to be modeled after a Union Pacific coal train... but
I can not find any reasonable pictures.  I've followed some of the suggested
links to the NMRA but still have no luck.

The UPRR site has the only decent photo I can find but being naive about
trains this is not sufficient for me to model it properly.

Here is the link to the train I'd like to model.
http://www.uprr.com/uprr/ffh/photos/DieselFreightAction/coal/3042.shtml

Thanks in advance for any help.
- Jeff