 Trains / 9054
Re: LEGO Trains on trial?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:58:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
Hello everyone, I finally got a copy of the new LEGO S&H catalog. After
paging through this I've noticed several new sets. Star Wars, Life On Mars,
Trains.....did I say Trains? Silly me, I've noticed that 4565 ain't featured
this time. What I did see is the complete Trains contest rules and
stipulations. Here is my diagnosis on this matter...

To all trainheads out there, submit an entry! LEGO Trains ARE on trial. Our
response will likely decide the outcome of the Train theme future. To those
who may balk at this notion, remember that LEGO's are supposed to be a fun
pasttime. If one is afraid of LEGO 'stealing' their design (doubtless TLC
will modify our designs before committing these to the market, I don't think
they would be bold enough to directly plaigerize),so be it. Know deep down
that you helped to revitalize one of the oldest themes in all LEGO history.
Somehow I feel that LEGO is trying to 'execute' the Trains theme, could we
be the jury who decides the final verdict? I plan to submit my three simple
freight wagons (too bad I can't use the Sony Mavica for this one)in the near
future. Comments and constructive/destructive feedback would be gratefully
appreciated...-Harvey

I too feel afraid for the demise of this wonderful line. I myself am going
to submit my tank cars and at least one of my versions of passenger trains.
The rules did not say that you couldn't submit something that's been seen
out there already. I'm hoping that we get a variety of long time train
collectors and their designs in for submission.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****