 Trains / 9053
9052  |  9054
Subject:
the train contest, my thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:08:16 GMT

1.the winner will be something that kids can build fairly easily using
stuff from currently available sets and service (also called "bulk")
packs.

2.TLG inst out to look for new ideas for the trains line, this contest
probobly wont have any affect (positive or negative) on the trains line.
If TLG cared about the trains line they could easily come up with
"metroliner II" or whatever possibly even without needing to produce
parts they dont currently make but they havent because they dont care.

3.TLG is mainly running this contest to convince people to buy the 4561
and the train parts packs IMHO.

4.I think that even given these points it wouild still be a good idea
for all trainheads to submit quality train MOC's that way we know that
if a crappy item full of jr pieces wins then it will prove point 1 quite
nicely.

Acually I think that the best way to go would be to do a quality train
that AFOLs would really go for but only using current parts (like the
service packs) that way if infact point 1 is true then that model stands
a chance of winning.