 Trains / 9052
9051  |  9053
Subject:
LEGO Trains on trial?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 06:38:55 GMT

Hello everyone, I finally got a copy of the new LEGO S&H catalog. After
paging through this I've noticed several new sets. Star Wars, Life On Mars,
Trains.....did I say Trains? Silly me, I've noticed that 4565 ain't featured
this time. What I did see is the complete Trains contest rules and
stipulations. Here is my diagnosis on this matter...

To all trainheads out there, submit an entry! LEGO Trains ARE on trial. Our
response will likely decide the outcome of the Train theme future. To those
who may balk at this notion, remember that LEGO's are supposed to be a fun
pasttime. If one is afraid of LEGO 'stealing' their design (doubtless TLC
will modify our designs before committing these to the market, I don't think
they would be bold enough to directly plaigerize),so be it. Know deep down
that you helped to revitalize one of the oldest themes in all LEGO history.
Somehow I feel that LEGO is trying to 'execute' the Trains theme, could we
be the jury who decides the final verdict? I plan to submit my three simple
freight wagons (too bad I can't use the Sony Mavica for this one)in the near
future. Comments and constructive/destructive feedback would be gratefully
appreciated...-Harvey