 Castle / 7268
Re: Harry Potter speculation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 05:10:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:

Any speculation as to a HP Train seeing the light of day (heck, they keep on
doing those c***py podracers).

Sure.

Not a chance.

The LEGO sets will be based on the movie, remember.  The movie, unlike the
book, has rather tight time constraints.  Given, then, that the train will
likely be a short scene, I'd be surprised to see a real train set (ie,
motorised train with a track and everything) of the Hogwarts Express.  It would
be way too expensive a set for the screen time.

That said, I've seen photos of the Express from the movie, and if there *is* a
train set of it, and they do as good a job as they've done with the Star Wars
sets, I'll buy it.

I think you're much closer with a your guess about Hogwart's itself, although
it will probably be in several smaller sets.

eric, who really wants a good set of Snape's classroom.