 Castle / 7282
Re: Harry Potter speculation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Sean Harrington writes:
I'm a bit concerned that TLG might be leaning in the Belville
direction. I think the Belville characters are ugly and clunky, and I don't
think the sets are very playable beyond their initial, instruction manual
build. My daughter doesn't play with Belville stuff much for that very reason.
She feels it implies that girls are stupid and less creative than boys.

- Sean

"leaning in the Belville direction" ???

                                       ?Really?
                                                --What do you base that on?

Wouldn't it be hard to create a train large enough for those silly Belville
characters. Also, I would have never thought that if Lego purchased a
licensing agreement for Harry Potter ($$ Expensive to buy the rights$$) that
it would invest in such a low profile and gender specific set as Belville.

P.S. I don't like Belville!

             I remain,

                             Richard

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com