 Castle / 7281
Re: Harry Potter speculation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:01:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Actually, I think the Hogwarts Express is a VERY likely candidate for
inclusion in the HP Lego series, but probably NOT as a 9v train line item.
Think Time Twisters Twisted Time Train (6497) rather than true Lego 9v Train.
Lego is thinking for sets that can be used across ALL of the movie franchise,
not just Sorcerer's Stone, so the HWX is very likely to be used.

I'd like to see a Hagrid's Cottage with a double size Hagrid minifig. Where
existing minifigs are 2 studs wide by 1.5 studs deep and about 5 bricks tall,
I'd like to see Hagrid be 4x3x8 or so. Maybe include a pet Norbert?

We'll probably see a Quidditch Match set, using the same types of "handles"
used for the Movie Making Kit, or maybe with the clear pedastals used on the
Battle Droid STAPs from the Naboo Swamp (7121). Think of a cross between the
Lego Soccer stadium and the Castle themes. Again, this is used across all the
books, so it's a good inclusion.

There will likely be a couple of Hogwarts sets that can all be combined.
Probably a Great Hall, a Gryffindor Common room, a classroom, and maybe even a
set that recreates the "puzzle" section at the end of Book 1. A large scale
Fluffy would be very cool!

And TLG DOES want our input on the HP series, both as AFOL and as parents. I
know my daughter would rather see it in Minifig format rather than Belville
format, and I'm a bit concerned that TLG might be leaning in the Belville
direction. I think the Belville characters are ugly and clunky, and I don't
think the sets are very playable beyond their initial, instruction manual
build. My daughter doesn't play with Belville stuff much for that very reason.
She feels it implies that girls are stupid and less creative than boys.

- Sean