 Castle / 7280
Re: MY BUY OF THE CENTURY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:41:28 GMT

John Carroll wrote:

What is a boot fair?  is that like a flea market?[1] I've never seen any
LEGO at any Flea Markets around here (Pittsburgh) but I haven't really been
searching hard.  Anyone else got a good Flea market (boot fair?) stories?

John

[1] Flea Market DEF: (IMOW) a place where independent vendors (junk
dealers/book sellers/toy collectors) rent space to set up their wares and
sell to a bunch of people who wonder around looking for rare deals or just
random crap. (a really stupid name. Boot fair sounds like it may have
evolved from a market where shoes and boots were sold where as I don't think
that anyone wants to buy fleas)

I think "boot fair" comes from brits selling things out of the boot
(trunk) of their car. With that perspective, it seems like it's
something like a flea market (or the tailgating area of a hamfest
[amateur radio gathering]).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com