 Trains / 9046
Re: 4.5 Volt straight track (p/n 3228), different versions ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:15:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
I believe that 6761 is not unique in having pieces like this, but don't >>hold me to it!

I agree, any blue rail set has pieces like this...

No...

I always thought that the non-slotted rails in 6761 were the same design, >maybe even same molds, as the earlier blue rails that did not clip on to the ties. However, I never checked the underside for numbers that would confirm or >refute this hypothesis.

The old "blue" rail parts and the non-slotted "gray" parts are very different:
Both ends of old "blue" track flange is tapered over a length simmilar to
that of a 1 stud brick. This tapering (in a vertical direction) is normal
positive at the top side of the flange and negative at the bottom side of
the flange.

See Ldraw part 3228A.DAT for this, and my earlier posting on this tread:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=2159

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.