 Trains / 9003
Re: 4.5 Volt straight track (p/n 3228), different versions ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 02:19:18 GMT

The instructions for 6761, along with a picture on the 6761 box back, show the
part with four small lengthwise indents (or cutouts) under the serated ridge,
near the top of the tile. One on each end and two in the middle. The actual • part
does not have these. Apparently the indented part existed (for the box photo).
Are there two slightly different versions of 3228 ?

Yep.  The non slotted ones are from sets that did not use it as train track, as
the ties fit into the slots.

I believe that 6761 is not unique in having pieces like this, but don't hold me
to it!

James P

But why would Lego create a new mold, to continue making a part that worked
perfectly well as it was? The change prevents the piece from being
backwards-compatible with 4.5v track, and doesn't seem to offer any advantages in
structural integrity.

These are the little mysteries that puzzle me...

Rick C