 Trains / 9007
Re: 4.5 Volt straight track (p/n 3228), different versions ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 06:48:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh writes:

"Rick Clark" <jrclark@nospam.aol.com> wrote in message

<snippage>
These are the little mysteries that puzzle me...

Rick C

Along this same line, the train windows currently being produced in the
soccer bus sets and in the train windows packs are not compatible with the
snap in doors that were used on 4564 (on the engine) or 1831 (used on the
containers).  The holes in the top and bottom of the frame are not there.

Odd ...

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

(taking a shot into the dark)
Might it have something to do with simplifying the mold process for that part.
By elminating those 'thru the rail' slots, they now have/had a more simple
molding operation. Same might be true of those train windows. Anyone know more
about how this is actually done ?

BTW, the cad folks might want to designate these two as 3228 and 3228b (just to
keep everyone straight). I'd hate to list these on BrickBay, sell em, then have
someone yell about not being able to use them for train track.

Ray
l#124