 General / 25982
Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:48:35 GMT

Hi John,

Great work!  I laughed when I saw it - it reminded me of a building I
threw together in November:

Same kind of architecture, only you've got me completely outclassed :)
Brilliant work - I hope you don't mind if I steal a few pages from your
architecture book -- especially wrt your use of clips and hinges as
texturing elements.

Time to order more white classic window parts packs. :D

Jeff

John Neal wrote:

This MOC is a departure for me in a couple of ways.  Normally, I build
trains and train related stuff.  After having been to LLC this past
summer, I became inspired to create a building that had miniland detail
in it, but was minifig scale.  So I built this chateau with the idea of
having it sit on the new GMLTC layout which is currently under
construction.

Also, I am normally pouring over schematics and photos of trains when I
build, in order to create the most real-to-life MOC I can.  This
chateau, however, came completely out of my head.  I literally just made
it up as I went along:-)

In order to build this thing, I utilized LEGO Direct bulk services, AFOL
parts sellers (thanks, Julie K:), and my own multiple set bursting.  I
couldn't have done it alone.

Sorry the pics are rather big and fuzzy-- but here it is-- enjoy!

-John