 General / 25983
Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 21:17:21 GMT

Jeff Elliott wrote:

Hi John,

Great work!  I laughed when I saw it - it reminded me of a building I
threw together in November:

Very nice-- and BIG too:-)  I am into *bigger*, detailed minifig scale these
days.  I have to give some credit  to (blame;) Steve Demlow, who built a
beautiful replica (Steve, care to chime in?:-) of a building last year (but
hasn't posted pics).  After seeing that and after having visited Miniland, I
have become very inspired to create these types of buildings for the new
GMLTC layout.

Same kind of architecture, only you've got me completely outclassed :)
Brilliant work - I hope you don't mind if I steal a few pages from your
architecture book -- especially wrt your use of clips and hinges as
texturing elements.

Yeah, go with it.  A lot of times I use random parts that 1) I have a lot of
and 2) what I can *get* a lot of;-)  A lot of seemingly junky, small parts
are literally gold!

Time to order more white classic window parts packs. :D

Careful;-)  I reordered windows, tiles and some plates about 4 times from
S&H.  After I added up the number of windows I'd used and did a little math,
I about croaked when I realized that I had spent over $100 on the windows
alone{8^O

Time to sell more blood (I'm O neg;-)

-John