 General / 25793
Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 02:30:36 GMT

John,

Great job on the Chateau, I stumbled across it this morning on Brickshelf
and was very impressed with the ornate details around the doors and windows.
Is it gray or white? The pictures kind of make it hard to tell.

jt
--
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message
This MOC is a departure for me in a couple of ways.  Normally, I build
trains and train related stuff.  After having been to LLC this past
summer, I became inspired to create a building that had miniland detail
in it, but was minifig scale.  So I built this chateau with the idea of
having it sit on the new GMLTC layout which is currently under
construction.

Also, I am normally pouring over schematics and photos of trains when I
build, in order to create the most real-to-life MOC I can.  This
chateau, however, came completely out of my head.  I literally just made
it up as I went along:-)

In order to build this thing, I utilized LEGO Direct bulk services, AFOL
parts sellers (thanks, Julie K:), and my own multiple set bursting.  I
couldn't have done it alone.

Sorry the pics are rather big and fuzzy-- but here it is-- enjoy!

-John