 General / 25937
Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:04:31 GMT

Chris Gray wrote:

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> writes:

This MOC is a departure for me in a couple of ways.  Normally, I build
trains and train related stuff.  After having been to LLC this past
summer, I became inspired to create a building that had miniland detail
in it, but was minifig scale.  So I built this chateau with the idea of
having it sit on the new GMLTC layout which is currently under
construction.

Perhaps the structure builders are happy you've stayed away - your chateau
is hard to compete with! Very nice - I love the detail and the clean
symmetry. I always like to see pictures of structures in the plastic,
as opposed to ray-traced.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/

As a "structure builder" (I prefer TOWN) and a builder of historical
structures, I am very pleased that John has built a very inspiring beautiful
building.  I think that with more bulk sales items available (like WINDOWS!),
we will be seeing more train folks building large "town" structures.   If my
town can have a train station, then why can't train layouts have towns???  The
differences between TOWN and TRAIN will become much less apparent in the
future.

Great job John!

Gary Istok