 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 427
Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 06:12:04 GMT

Congratulations and great work on getting the play area supplies form TLG.

Will I have to go to Calgary to find out what the secret surprise is?

Did you want me to bring my roundhouse?  The turntable is sunken, so it
wouldn't work on a regular table.  The roundhouse might look weird without
the turntable.

I have concerns with the size of the layout, I won't be there to install or
take down, but it seems pretty ambitious for just 3 guys.  It will be pretty
bare since we don't have the structures to fill in that much space.  Larger
isn't necessarily better.
Michel
In lugnet

In the course of working out the details, I happened to get an advance
look at the future...  I'm dying to share with you, but Brad Justus asked
me not to "steal his thunder" - He will be making a proper announcement
soon (and you're gonna love it).  8-)

I just got confirmation.  TLG is sending me all the various LEGO
that I requested for the kid's play area.  If the Calgary club kicks
in the $50 for the hardware and provides the tables and supervision
as expected, we should have an awesome play area.

In addition to John Powell's huge LEGO loan, David Harris of BayLUG
has offered to send some track.  He's interested in photos of Canadian
train stuff like our half-height engines and the roundhouse in Calgary.
Kevin - I thought you might already have something of interest to him?

At this point my plan is for a "three-sided" 20' x 60' layout.  The down
side of this is the ~$200 cost of renting the tables.  Hopefully the
compensation sharing will be enough to cover it and James' fuel, etc.
James -