 Trains / 9028
Re: my moc: VIA F40PH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:16:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim Courtney writes:

- maybe change the rear side vents into the 1x2 corrugated bricks in black
versus headlight bricks with grilles attached.

In general I hold that busyness adds even if it's not exactly correct. So
I'd keep the bricks with grilles as they add more texture than the corro.
It's not "correct" for grilles to stick out that much, but it is "pleasant"
which matters more.

Add some vents along the middle
top too, as shown in the HO (?) model.

Yes. Busy is good.

4x4 fans are a bit too large for most 6 wide locos but there are a few that
it works for.

++Lar