 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 446
Re: Preparation for SuperTrain 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:53:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
Hmm.  Setup/takedown isn't my big worry, actually.  My concern is that
we've only got 2 guys keeping an eye on things for a layout that's
approximately the size of my house.  I would really prefer something
smaller, but if 20'x60' is what we've committed to, then I guess that's
what we're working with. :/

With the much improved rope barrier and the huge play area to distract
grabbing/touching, not to mention the elongated "three-sided shape"
meaning we're mostly facing one direction, I think we should be OK.
Of course any AFOL from NALug and/or Calgary who wants to help
would be most welcome to do so.  Hopefully we'll end up with a much
higher "staff turn-out" than we expected - just like at GETS.

...Just did some quick math, and if only 1 in 10 people there asks a
single question, we're still fielding about a question a minute each.

Good point - how many hand-outs do you think we should make?

SRC
StRuCtures