 General / 25987
Re: New S@H Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 21:56:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, r2 wrote:

Mike Walsh wrote in message ...
The winners will have their designs document and published
by LEGO on lego.com plus receive $100 worth of LEGO product.

Pretty skimpy prize value. I think Lego could have offered a larger prize.

It's the regular prize offered by TLC.  "Any LEGO set (up to $100.00
value)", is the standard verbiage.  I don't recall if that's the way this
one is written or not.

But I agree, they could definitely offer better prizes.  Especially in the
18+ group.

Actually, I think an appropriate (and cool) prize would be for TLC to
produce a set based on the winning design, with (some portion of) the
profits going to a charitable organization.  Again, this is especially in
the 18+ group.

Steve