 General / 25835
Re: New S@H Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 00:16:37 GMT

Christopher Masi wrote:

<snip>

It almost sounds like a cheap way for LEGOÆ to get ideas for their train line,
which, actually, is not a bad thing.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the ad for this contest
was that it was a good way for LEGO to judge the interest in making a
new train line like the one that has been discussed here and on
1000steine (lots of detail, automatic points, crossings, decouplers,
signal lights. maybe even DCC).  With a contest, they can determine how
many people are interested (derived from the number of entrants plus
some extrapolation) in trains in each of the contest's age catagories as
well as the level of sophistication (and therefore level of expectation
of fans should they decide to go ahead with new TLC designs) of the
contestant's designs.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu