 General / 25836
Re: Behind the scenes shots...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 00:56:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Rowoldt writes:
Hello everyone,

I guess it's time to announce that I'm making a feature length movie with LEGO
studios.  This will be a huge project and should be quite interesting when
finished.  The movie wil take place in a D&D/medieval fantasy type setting.
You can see pics of some of the sets and behind the scenes shots here:

By Feature length you do mean full fetaur length (ie at least 90 miniutes)
as opposed to animation specials (ussaly 30 mins).

Look at some of the earlier stuff done by Nick Park- They took ages to do
even for 30 miniutes and that was with the backup of the full Ardman team!!

However I wish you the bast of luck..

Are you planning to release the movie commericaly?()In which case TLC/TLG
might want to have a word with you first..)

This is turning out to be a lot of fun to make.  I have gotten a few people
that are interested in providing voice acting for the film, but nothing is
finalized yet.  If you would like to lend a voice, even a single line to the
film, please email me.

<Ominus Sound o marchin horses Music>
It is a time of  adventure...
It is time of great battles...
It is a time when minifigs were minfigs...

<Drum clash>
In the lands of ....... an evil prsence seers through the night and by day
it's influence clings to the shadows...
<Drum Clash>
Yet within this dark era there are heros prepared to fight. Prepared to die...

<Drum Clash follwed by deep choir over music...>

Let the adventure beginn. <Magical lightning flash>

I live in the UK so am unlikey to be able to provide much assistane to you
on the voice acting part..( Altohugh I suugest that you get the Major AFOL's
on baord in particular the girl on .castle (HTH Can't remember her name!!)

However I might be able to advise on other technical matters from the point
of view tjhat I know what I like!!

(side note to Todd. PLEASE!!! PLEASE can we have a Studios hireachy for
covering Animated Lego(R) films and elated issues?. Also suggest that
Brickshlf makes space for a video archive...)

Of course if there was a place to submit scripts I'd be sure to put up a few
ideas I had!!.

Alex

Until then, happy building!

Jason