 Trains / 9077
Re: Another 8-wide engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:26:28 GMT

Hi Frank,

Great model! I like the details, especially the use of minifig cardoors to
mimic the shape of the chimney. One thing has got me puzzeled however: the
rods next to the big wheels seem to be firm so how is it able to drive
around curves?

Thanks, the cardoors give the chimney a more aerodynamical style. I thought
about cutting the white round 2x2x1 and use just one half in front, followed by
the cardoors... BUT: I won't cut LEGO bricks!!

The rods-maniac is simple! It's only fixed at the front end. In the middle it's
just inside an U-shape build with 1/3 plates. If it goes through curves, the
3rd big axle pushes the rod a bit (1/2 a stud) outwards! Anyway, it's moreless
an eyecatcher which isn'T that good on track ;-(( Yesterday I good som more
spoked wheels, now I could "manipulate" these to let the BR 10 go over points
and stay on track in curves!

BTW. I think it's stylish in white :-)

;-))

Regards,