 Trains / 9060
9059  |  9061
Subject:
More ramblings about the train contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:47:02 GMT

I have decided that I will probably enter the train contest, and I was thinking
about what really happens if I loose the copyright to my design.

1. Nothing. For those of you that market your designs loosing the right to do so
would be significant. However, I do not plan on marketing any of my stuff, so I
do not loose anything.

2. My current designs are 8-wide, and fairly complicated (some, not all). If I
won, it is likely that LEGO would so severely modify my design I could probably
simply say that the LEGO design is so different than my design that it is not my
design.

3. Is LEGO really going to go to my web site and tell me that I must remove my
pictures of my model. I doubt it, and, since I comment on the construction of
the models, my use of the model would definitely fall within the fair use category.

Just thinking out loud,
Christopher
--
PGP public key available upon request.