 Trains / 9285
Re: More ramblings about the train contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 20:43:43 GMT

Most of the time a company will run a contest to gauge or spark interest in
a product. I seriously doubt that they are trying to “steal” designs. They
are probably trying see what people are doing with what’s currently
available to help them market the Train better. TLC seems to be marketing
the Train line (and their other sets) to children. Wise move! Us AFOL's are
already hooked and do we really need sets marketed towards us specifically?
All we really need is track, wheels, and some bricks to create the trains we
want. I think the more people who participate in this contest the more TLC
will see the interest in the market and spend more resources on creating new
kits/parts! Think about it, what is going to motivate a company? Whining and
complaining by us or money and interest shown? Frankly, I hope we get some
really cool entries from the AFOL’s to show TLC what we want and to fire up
future generations on what is possible with a little imagination! Play Well.

Robert