 Trains / 9101
Re: More ramblings about the train contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:18:01 GMT

Well, I will probably get Flamed over this but, oh well. I finally got my
catalog yesterday and read the Train contest.

   Sounds to me like they can't build quality trains so they need someone else
to do it for them (just look at the last two trains). Oh yeah, handover my
designs so someone else will profit from it. (did you see that picture,What the
heck is that?) Only submit one car but, look how many designs will goto Lego. I
would bet in the near future you will see a combination of everyones work being
sold to the masses. Fishy if you ask me.

It is VERY RARE that I would have such negative feelings about this contest and
Lego. The last 3 years of Lego designs have been extremely disappointing almost
like they don't want to do it anymore. All of a sudden this contest after
several people complain to or about recent lego train designs. Maybe I am
reading to much into this but, hey thats me.

I can't speak for everyone but why not:

Give a winner a trip to the factory,

Make them a job offer,

Give them a better then 100 dollars worth of prizes, (how about a nice
selection of Bulk Bricks?)

A small percentage of the profit that will be made from the design.

YEAH, I know I am living in a fantasy world with those prizes but,
I see how much time I put into my designs and its almost like a smack in the
face to us builders.

Sorry Lego, you won't get my design!

Wayne

Comments?