 Trains / *15969 (-100)
  Re: Another PCC attempt and 6w engine.

(...) Josh (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

<snip> (...) I know that the NGLTC (not to step on toes, James) has some that I thought were hilarious when I joined NGLTC a few months ago. -Sometimes, on a little side track, there is a damsel tied to the tracks with a man in black and a top hat (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SCLTC@GATS Images on Website!

(...) Wonderful layout! Most areas were densely populated with little things going on all over- it's great to see all those figs, and every one doing something. As for specifics, I particularly love the university, the brick trees, and that killer (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Another PCC attempt and 6w engine.

Mike Knuepfel wrote in message ... (...) (URL)that has been restored to run on Market Street right here in San Francisco (...) That's looking very nice, Mike! I like the center doors with the texturing particularly. If you could get a red 1x4x2 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

Yup. I'd like a personal copy, and a couple for the NBLTC. So that makes at least 4 for the UK. On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Jon D Hayward (<Gpz2Hy.AIp@lugnet.com>) wrote at 09:10:08 (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rick Clark writes: <snip> (...) I agree with the "more track" comment, but when will Lego start offering cheap housing so I can find room for my Layout?? :o) Dave (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lego Trains anytime soon?

Hi Richard, Take a look at my comment on the German catalog 2002 at LUGnet revieuws. Ben gives almost the same comment on trains, but there might be another catalog later this year. Have fun and keep building Nico (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC member says hi, announces plans for "Depot 4561"

Hi Paul, As someone who returned to Lego within the last 12 months after 20 years away, I just wanted to say welcome back. Like you, I'm concentrating on trains and I am currently in the process of setting up a layout with a depot and a couple of (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC@GATS Images on Website!

Well, I finally got around to checking out the SCLTC pics. Wow. Really nice. A little frustrating to navigate, but excellent detail and overview shots. Some things I particularly noticed and liked: The rope stanchions around the layout. Very sharp. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

(...) I *still* haven't got more track for my one little 9V oval, and I'm now in a 2200sq. ft. house with a room with a nice bare 14'x15' hardwood floor. The room is actually about 14'x40', but the dining room and the kitchen take up part of it. :-) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Another PCC attempt and 6w engine.

Hello everyone! I've recently updated my brickshelf gallery with some new MOCs of mine. I've been working had to improve on my previous attempt at a PCC-type streetcar. One inspired by the one here, (URL) has been restored to run on Market Street (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  LEGO Statue of Liberty pedestal (was:Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!)

(...) Ooh! Does anyone know if there are pics of this LEGO pedestal online? I got the Statue of Liberty sculpture for Christmas and after putting it together, sat down and made a MOC pedestal for it on a large grey baseplate (it stands 19" high). I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Ouch, that is painful for this tightwad to hear (I think there is probably one Lugnet person cheaper than I, somewhere in upstate N.Y.). (...) Even if money is no object I suggest following market.shopping periodically. Those 4561's are around (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC member says hi, announces plans for "Depot 4561"

Hi Paul, We have an infrequent local club - Check out org.us.gardenslug. There are also a few of us that meet in Manhattan, weeknights. You're going to be disappointed on getting some pieces in certain colors. Roof bricks are available in black and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC member says hi, announces plans for "Depot 4561"

Welcome back Paul!Good luck on your project. I look forward to seeing it on Brickshelf! (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New NYC member says hi, announces plans for "Depot 4561"

Hi, everyone! New Yorkers, please check in and say hello! INTRODUCTION: I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO PRETEND TO BE AN ARCHITECT My name is Paul Klenk, from NYC. I've enjoyed learning a lot since I joined recently and started posting. You are all an (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) Actually that was my Lighthouse, we put it in Calum's area because he had a sea port.... I'm glad you liked it. Jeff VW (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) A few months ago when a class of 5th graders visited my home, I created a scavenger hunt of several things to look for in my home layout. It removes some of the impromptu "Oh, look at that", but certainly gave the kids a sense of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) Looking forward to it. Thanks. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) Wow! That's pretty small. Mines an L-shape too, overall about 10x10. But then mine has to enclose the point lever area too. I tried to keep it as low as possible, but I'm considering mounting the motor on top and turning it into a hut of some (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) Yes- some bits that stand out at the moment in my mind (I can't mention them all!) are: a fairy blessing a rock monster in a cave a window washer rescue where the washer guy is hanging by a rope from his mobile scaffold construction worker (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Engine Construction Animation

(...) Thanks!!! (...) Dunno, I'm not that old ;-) Jeroen (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) Yes. And even static things can be eye candy... Little jokes like the landspeeder parked at the info booth, and little more somber tableax like the firemans funeral, or the pirate skeleton below the lighthouse rocks are all crowd pleasers. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) one) (...) Thanks, the footprint is L-shaped. Each leg is 4 x 7 studs. Steve (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) one) (...) Sorry about the delayed reply. I will be making a DAT file of the switch house sometime in the next week, and possibly a file of the uncoupler also. Steve (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) <snip> (...) Remark that rechargeble batteries have a LOWER voltage (8.4V) than a regular battery (9V). This causes a speed difference, and there's also some tollerance om those toy motor speed too. Take a test with some train motors, 2 (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

(...) Perhaps... (...) I don't have room in my 600 square foot house for more track. That loop will have to do me for a while. --Bill. (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Who said that? :-) (...) All kidding aside, and even though monorail is an orphaned product, does it make sense for them to have their own group? I dunno, which is why I ask. I can't remember, I may even have asked before about this. The three (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Well, I did actually start the thread in .town and .space in addition to .trains. To me it makes most sense to discuss monorails in .trains because they have the general characteristics of a train, and are heavily used by train folks (it seems (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes: ... (...) ... Here's some pictures of the cover; let me know if it's not clear enough: (URL) train runs fine forwards and backwards. As Mike Walsh remembers, running backwards, it can't push closed a switching (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Ya, well... I still have to take photos (more of them) of my basement. I have 580 pieces of straight track. All are used. And, I need more for my station, and for sidings (I have 3 track switches still spare, plus 2 leads for the station that (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

Welcome to the wonderful world of trains! $79 is a very fair price for the set, especially if you need the speed controller. We'll look forward to seeing you and your newly-themed MOCs on lugnet.trains! (BTW, you'll want some more track ASAP. That (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Train Club in Missouri/Kansas

(...) True, and from all the posts I've read and websites I have seen, they are a friendly, sharing and creative group as well. Thanks for your support! (...) There is great BBQ on both sides of the state line. Jack's Stack (my favorite) has a site (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We Did It!

(...) I've been up in the tower here in Vancouver a few years back. I'd guess right now that they probably wouldn't let any members of the public up there with the new security mesaures. The elevator ride up is bland (no windows), in fact it was to (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Lego Train Club in Missouri/Kansas

In lugnet.loc.us.ks, John Gerlach writes: <snip> Yes indeed the fine folks in trains.org are always happy to help! (...) Stop it, I haven't had dinner yet and I hate getting drool on the keyboard. (so does KC Mo or KC K have the better BBQ goods? I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Lego Train Club in Missouri/Kansas

(...) And, be sure to post any questions to .trains.org - there will *always* be people happy to help! Great, now I'm thinking of Kansas City BBQ, and it's making me hungry... JohnG, GMLTC (former Kansas City resident...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Engine Construction Animation

Eduardo, The basic steps are listed below. Which part would you like more information about? Bob (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Train Engine Construction Animation

Thanks, I did not know that. I usually don't use steps, but I will give that a try. (...) [snip] (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Train Engine Construction Animation

(...) Jeroen, I made a .MOV - 2.3 megs. I had a lot of trouble getting it that small - I have not worked with Quicktime files much - the first try came out at 75 megs!. The 2.3 meg file is posted at (URL) miss the old days of animation - Autodesk (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) "acquired", "loaned", these are just semantics you're playing at. :) (...) Oh, well, in *that* case. <innocent whistling, sounds of a Dremel fade away in the background> Umm, the motor is fine. Just fine. Anyone got some white plastic-like (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) The RCX is often used as a very expensive and overengineered way to solve simple problems. Sure... I *could* try that approach. But I'd rather do it mechanically. And $200 (or thereabouts) for a relay would cut very deeply into my Lego budget. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:Gq1nvs.I13@lugnet.com... (...) last (...) the (...) of (...) The reversing switches work just fine, we have had some problems with using the automated switching feature of the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: REVIEW: Railway Express 4561

(...) Hey, thanks for that review. It's a good contrast with the two other 4561 reviews we have: (URL) by Mark Herzburg and (URL) by Bradley Dale It is always fascinating to see how different folks like and dislike different things. Newbies to (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Hey Brad! Why not rerelease an *unpowered* monorail set?

(...) Count me in. The question, as John said, is what to do in the motor/gearing area. All the rest is no problem. The gear is part of what keeps the motor on the track correctly aligned, I think. (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) FALSE. You were LOANED one for a specific purpose. :-) (...) I'm sure he would. In fact I'm certain of it. Did I mention he has a concealed carry permit? :-) (...) Um, I dunno. I don't have any mono resources on the trains page but I guess I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: REVIEW: Railway Express 4561

(...) LOL, my cat found Max amusing, & I still havn't found him! Josh (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Eh, Larry, do you have a digital camera I might borrow? I've recently acquired a monorail motor, I thought I might have a go at dissassembly of it. I'm sure my friend who loaned it to me won't mind. ;) (Hey! I thought you all said Monorail (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Why? Don't you just need a way to stop the monorail under RCX control? That requires a reliable motorized reverser/stop control track it seems to me... (I have been tinkering but don't have a good design yet, the thing you pivot is very stiff (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  REVIEW: Railway Express 4561

I purchased my first LEGO train last night, the Railway Express 4561. It was definitely an impulse purchase; the trains that I really want (and will get) are the ones in the 2001 catalog, but when I saw the set on the shelves at Toys R Us (Times (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) I usually try to avoid the crashes... I'm thinking about trying to implement a crude block system that keeps two cars from doing this. First, I have to come up with a reliable motorized point! In another post, Mike gave this link with a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Cool. Have you run one on a track that includes reverses, or did the monorails just run loops? I wonder if the additional weight might cause a bit of trouble when the motor suddenly switches directions. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Oops... That will teach me to rely on my memory, somehow I thought one of you had re-arranged your cars (I do remember that Mike's was as described when he first showed it to me - perhaps Cary switched to the motor in the center). Oh well, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: We Did It!

Tim - Sounds cool. I like the idea of two rows of the giant blue windshields. That probably means though that you should make the vertical section at least 14-6 in diameter and a lot taller, or else something will look out of proportion. After I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:Gq045z.Fsw@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) Think: (...) monorail (...) have (...) Actually, Cary and I have our four car monorail trains configured differently. Cary's has the motor (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes: ... (...) The four car monorails have been run for eight hours straight and multiple days (on one battery) with no visible ill effects at train shows. The monorail surprisingly runs at exactly the same speed up (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

-- John Eric Voltin "Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:Gq0C54.Dtv@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Is this possible? Not for me... I have 7 or 8 whole circles plus quite a few boxes of additional curved track. This past (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

Sounds good Steve, it will make a nice addition to my office (ok, my cube :) jt (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes: <SNIP> (...) Count me for at least one, possibly a few more for the other KC people. Add well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

Great point John, we totally agree. We use the generic term "eye-candy". SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

Thanks everyone for publicly responding! As for the legal issues, per my request it is being reviewed by LEGO. Also, today I found out that to get a 18"x24" print done at Kinko's is $18.00ea. so $9.50 for a print seems reasonable. It also seems (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) I will definitely look for some discontinued trains. So many of them have such character, it'll be fun to find them. I'll talk to you later. Paul (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) I have been aware the FAO Schwartz is overpriced -- I did go there anyway, but lucky for me it was closed. Sometimes when I have money burning a hole in my pocket, I have to run to the nearest store and shake my pants leg really well. So I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

Count me in for a couple. Robert Powell SCLTC (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: We Did It!

(...) Thomas, funny that Military Airbase thing is what *I* was thinking when building my previous models. Canada built a bunch of Airfields for the BCATP durring WWII. Two years ago I spent 6 weeks on one of these decommisioned bases, and after (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

(...) The 4541 is on the 2nd last line, in the middle. The thumbnail image for the posters just hasn't been updated yet I guess. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Lego Train Club in Missouri/Kansas

(...) Count me in. I have been so envious of the "coast" train clubs (and the MichLUG one) and would love to be a part of a MO/KS Lego Train Club (Notice how I've expanded the geographic reach?). Andrew Levering has already produced some cool logos (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.trains)

nice, you can use l3p to automaticly add the #if at each step. Gary Bob Hayes <bobhayes1@aol.com> wrote in message news:GpzIz2.M6o@lugnet.com... (...) lot (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

Hi Steve, I'd be interested in one, as part of Holger's shipment to Germany. However, I'm missing 4541 on the poster. Has it been left out for a reason or was it just forgotten? Best regards, Torsten (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) perhaps you wanted to expose the newbie to the subtleties of the Lugnet interface, but you really should have posted the correct URL: (URL) page. I need to do more for pirates. Anyone want to sign up to produce the pirate ships poster? Frank (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) 10-20%? You're being *far* too kind here. The upper bound is at least 66%. Another thing- NEVER buy curved 9v track. Every "starter" set comes with a whole circle, and by the time you have your 3rd, you likely have all you will ever need. -- (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: We Did It!

Tim - Right now, I don't have any better pictures of the tower than what you can see on our website (www.scltc.org/pages.../air.htm). When I designed the tower, my goal was to make the vertical section as tall and as visually interesting as (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

Hi, good idea! I will ask at 1000steine.de how many we may need in germany and then you might send one big roll to Germany? I persoanlly really would like to have a professional printed version! Regards, HoMa (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Here's a tip that I am not sure is in the Trains FAQ (although it's elsewhere) FAO is not your best bet for actually buying things! It's fine to look at but they charge 10-20% OVER list price. So look, but then buy elsewhere. (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Super -- thanks bunches. There is indeed a lot of great info there. Mostly, I was interested in pre-sale concerns -- that is, what should I think about before I buy. But I do think the FAQ will come in handy, so thanks for pointing it out. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Hi Paul! Welcome to LUGNET! (...) Larry has already pointed the way in his post, I thought I'd just add a line: Try searching on www.brickshelf.com for the trains that have been discontinued, if you intend to add some of these to your (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Take a look through the resources that you see on the front page of the group via the web interface: (URL) is a lot of info there... ESPECIALLY pore over the FAQ. It answers all of your questions posed in this post... Cary did an amazing job (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) I love my flashing lighted fire trucks.In our show this past weekend instead of my normal building on fire seen I did a firefighter funeral seen with the fire trucks leading the caisson down the street in front of griswold place.We had ALOT of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) Oops! LUNGET = LUGNET. Professional editors don't make fewer mistakes, they just catch them before anyone else does. Paul (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

Hi, everyone! I've recently renewed my interest in LEGO and have joined LUNGET and to help me catch up on 25 years of LEGO mania. My name is Paul Klenk and I'm from New York City (live in Kew Gardens, Queens; work in midtown Manhattan). I've always (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) Yes, anything that moves is good. We've also had moving playground equipment, carnival rides, the rising of the great pumpkin, and other little details. Unfortunately, we've only posted still images on the site. I've got to make sure to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) I really liked (I think?) Calum's lighthouse at rtlToronto Train1, with it's rotating light (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) I've been told that hauling this much weight (which applies to either arrangement) can be really bad for the motors. What experience do you have with this? Do the motors take it well? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) I would actually be somewhat pleased if I got it apart and couldn't get it working again but still got it together as something for playing with a multi-car train with a dummy motor providing some of the connection. Think: monorail-car motor (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Alpha Team Train Car

Let me begin by apologizing for not having photos to share yet. I should have some soon after WAMALUG's Greenburg Train show. Now, to introduce the car. I decided that LEGO Themes turned into train cars was fun and what theme hadn't I seen. I had (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

I'll take one! Josh (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: More Loops at shows...

(...) Minor nit: Just because you don't have trains moving doesn't mean it has to be a 'static' display. Other animations are crowd-pleasers, too! In our previous layout, people would comment on how the windmill on the farm scene was turning. I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  More Loops at shows...

We found that at shows the more train running the better. We originally started with the concept of two main lines, but as the layout got bigger it took longer for the trains to come round! So we started adding local loops. Now we think in terms of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Changes to front page of .trains web view

(...) It looks fantastic! I'll have to try it from home and see what it does on my 56k modem connection, if the graphic is too large and slows down the page loading. (I doubt it will - 25k is pretty reasonable in size.) JohnG, GMLTC ps: yea, I know (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Changes to front page of .trains web view

Well I don't normally announce changes to the front page of the web view, I just make them but I did want to encourage you to check this one change out... Jeroen de Haan very kindly has put up a suitably sized image of his phenomenal poster for use (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: We Did It!

(...) Hi Thomas, I'm working on a minifig scale airport (grey + white with exterior glass) now that'll occupy a large grey base plate and more. The scheduled completion is when the sucessor to the 3033 comes out in April with the XTreme Team and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Prolly the better question is "has anyone managed to put a motor back together again and had it work?" GRIN. But I do not remember seeing any pics of the inside of one (unlike the train motor, there are several out there, as people disassemble (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

You can count me in for at least two, one for myself and one for BayLTC. I'll check with the rest of the group. Russell BayLUG/BayLTC (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

(...) Please put me down to purchase one. I imagine there might be some others in NC interested also. I will send the info through our NCLTC mailing list and see what happens. tia, sheree (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Broken Monorail Motor

Has anyone managed to take a monorail motor apart? I just received an auction lot which included a non-functioning motor (actually, the motor runs but something's wrong in the gearbox). FUT: lugnet.trains (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town)

  Re: Automatic train switching with RCX

(...) It's possible you needed to do a 'parts scan' in MLCAD, to see all the available parts. (...) Did you get a new version of MLCAD, or change any of the settings? It's been pointed out to me that some of the gears don't render well in MLCAD. I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Engine Construction Animation

Can u tell show me how to do it? (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Train Engine Construction Animation

(...) I saw this last nite and thought it was really cool. Just wish it ran a little SLOWER. :-) Nice switcher (as I told you in person) and a nice rendering. (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

(...) Oh, ouch. Ya. good point. Somebody better check. (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Train Engine Construction Animation

(...) Hi Bob, How difficult is it for you to make a .MOV or other quicktime file? Mac users can't play AVI's... Jeroen (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact