 Trains / 14599
Re: Broken Monorail Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:55:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:
Has anyone managed to take a monorail motor apart? I just received an
auction lot which included a non-functioning motor (actually, the motor
runs but something's wrong in the gearbox).

FUT: lugnet.trains

Prolly the better question is "has anyone managed to put a motor back
together again and had it work?"   GRIN.

I would actually be somewhat pleased if I got it apart and couldn't get it
working again but still got it together as something for playing with a
multi-car train with a dummy motor providing some of the connection. Think:

monorail-car motor monorail-car monorail-car motor monorail-car

instead of:

monorail-car monorail-car motor monorail-car monorail-car

which is the lashup Mike Walsh and Cary Clark use for their 4 car monorail
trains.

Frank