 Trains / 14650
Re: Broken Monorail Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:28:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cary Clark writes:
In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes:
<snip>

The monorail surprisingly runs at exactly the same speed up and down hill. I >use a regular battery, while Mike Walsh uses a rechargable; the regular
battery-powered cars will catch up to the rechargable after a few loops --
we've had some spectacular crashes that way.

Cary

Remark that rechargeble batteries have a LOWER voltage (8.4V) than a regular
battery (9V). This causes a speed difference, and there's also some
tollerance om those toy motor speed too. Take a test with some train motors,
2 different locomotives (the same model !!) each with a motor. Run them with
the same speed regulator, and they will also catch up after a certain time.

Regards,
Ludo Soete