 Trains / 14602
Re: More Loops at shows...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:48:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
Minor nit:  Just because you don't have trains moving doesn't mean it has to
be a 'static' display.  Other animations are crowd-pleasers, too!  In our
previous layout, people would comment on how the windmill on the farm scene
was turning.  I didn't have the heart to tell them it took me about five
minutes to design and build!

Yes, anything that moves is good.  We've also had moving playground
equipment, carnival rides, the rising of the great pumpkin, and other little
details.  Unfortunately, we've only posted still images on the site.  I've
got to make sure to capture these on .mpg with my camera next time!

Don't forget lights, too.  A flashing 9volt light and some fiber-optic cable
can make a nice welding torch, or campfire, or ???

Definitely- I have a police car and ambulance with flashing lights that I
bring whenever I show up.  Usually the former has a cop handing out a ticket
and the latter is parked next to the McDonalds.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com