 Trains / 14622
Re: More Loops at shows...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 07:23:37 GMT

Great point John, we totally agree. We use the generic term "eye-candy".
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Yard (round house, linear/turn-table): There is some disagreement on this
one but I think of a yard as mainly a static display.

Minor nit:  Just because you don't have trains moving doesn't mean it has to
be a 'static' display.  Other animations are crowd-pleasers, too!  In our
previous layout, people would comment on how the windmill on the farm scene
was turning.  I didn't have the heart to tell them it took me about five
minutes to design and build!

Don't forget lights, too.  A flashing 9volt light and some fiber-optic cable
can make a nice welding torch, or campfire, or ???

JohnG, GMLTC