 Trains / Train Organizations / 1900
Re: More Loops at shows...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:56:43 GMT

Yes. And even static things can be eye candy...

Little jokes like the landspeeder parked at the info booth, and little more
somber tableax like the firemans funeral, or the pirate skeleton below the
lighthouse rocks are all crowd pleasers. Clubs that have done several shows
are MASTERs at this... GMLTC always has lots of little treats for the crowd
to find, and so does PNLTC.

Yes- some bits that stand out at the moment in my mind (I can't mention them
all!) are:
  a fairy blessing a rock monster in a cave
  a window washer rescue where the washer guy is
      hanging by a rope from his mobile scaffold
  construction worker buried in bricks
  evil black-clad guy and rope-wrapped damsel on the tracks

I know clubs sometimes mentions it in their handouts. Has anyone tried
cataloging the total number of jokes and seeing if people can find them all?

We've had a "Where's Timmy" challenge with 20+ Timmy figs scattered around
the layout doing various things.  And we handed out checklists with a hint
for each one.  That was a big crowd pleaser at Legoland last year.

(we had an airplane crashed into one of our skyscrapers with a rescue squad
saving everyone at GR GATS, but somehow... we just didn't think it would be
at all appropriate this time)

We too used to have a skyscraper with the rear half of an airliner sticking
out of it.  Again... that was funny 5 months ago.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com