 Trains / 14653
Re: More Loops at shows...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:10:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Great point John, we totally agree. We use the generic term "eye-candy".
SteveB

Yes. And even static things can be eye candy...

Little jokes like the landspeeder parked at the info booth, and little more
somber tableax like the firemans funeral, or the pirate skeleton below the
lighthouse rocks are all crowd pleasers. Clubs that have done several shows
are MASTERs at this... GMLTC always has lots of little treats for the crowd
to find, and so does PNLTC.

I know clubs sometimes mentions it in their handouts. Has anyone tried
cataloging the total number of jokes and seeing if people can find them all?

(we had an airplane crashed into one of our skyscrapers with a rescue squad
saving everyone at GR GATS, but somehow... we just didn't think it would be
at all appropriate this time)