 Trains / 14657
Re: More Loops at shows...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:33:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Yard (round house, linear/turn-table): There is some disagreement on this
one but I think of a yard as mainly a static display.

Minor nit:  Just because you don't have trains moving doesn't mean it has to
be a 'static' display.  Other animations are crowd-pleasers, too!  In our
previous layout, people would comment on how the windmill on the farm scene
was turning.  I didn't have the heart to tell them it took me about five
minutes to design and build!

Don't forget lights, too.  A flashing 9volt light and some fiber-optic cable
can make a nice welding torch, or campfire, or ???

I really liked (I think?) Calum's lighthouse at rtlToronto Train1, with it's
rotating light http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=49835.

ROSCO

Actually that was my Lighthouse, we put it in Calum's area because he had a
sea port....

I'm glad you liked it.

Jeff VW