 Trains / 14606
Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:22:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul Klenk writes:

MY POINT (AND I DO HAVE ONE) IS:
Since I know VERY little about LEGO trains, track gauges, voltage or
anything else, I would appreciate some advice before I actually place the
purchase in a couple of weeks.  What pitfalls should I watch out for?  What
should I buy so everything works properly?  Are there other collections that
will run off the tracks being sold right now?

Your help, advice and opinions would be most appreciated.  I'll stay in touch.

Take a look through the resources that you see on the front page of the
group via the web interface: http://news.lugnet.com/trains

There is a lot of info there... ESPECIALLY pore over the FAQ. It answers all
of your questions posed in this post... Cary did an amazing job pulling it
all together.

If you still have specific questions, ask them, they're more likely to be
answered than generic "what should I watch out for" open ended ones. Good
questions that haven't been asked before often make it into the FAQ if Cary
or someone else catches them.

PS:  Glad to see you've got your posting squared away as LUGNET really is
the place to ask most of the questions you were asking on BrickBay. Those
discussion groups aren't intended to be general purpose, they're more for
discussing the mechanics of Brickbay itself.