 Trains / 14661
Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 00:53:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul Klenk writes:

I have been aware the FAO Schwartz is overpriced -- I did go there anyway,
but lucky for me it was closed.  Sometimes when I have money burning a hole
in my pocket, I have to run to the nearest store and shake my pants leg
really well.

Ouch, that is painful for this tightwad to hear (I think there is probably one
Lugnet person cheaper than I, somewhere in upstate N.Y.).

So I went to the new huge Toys R Us at Times Square, the one with the
four-story Ferris wheel inside (it was open!).

I picked up my second choice, the 4561 train set.  I like less modern ones
better, but this will be fun to play with while I put together an order at
S@H.

Even if money is no object I suggest following market.shopping periodically.
Those 4561's are around at Targets for anywhere from $99 down to $32 (yeah,
HTF but my NLS managed).  Cuz once you get going you'll be spending WAY lots on
LEGO and you're going to want all the bargains you can get!

BTW it can take quite a while for your membership to go through, although I
think it's getting a little better now.

Maggie C.