 Trains / 14663
14662  |  14664
Subject:
Another PCC attempt and 6w engine.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 04:42:48 GMT

Hello everyone!

I've recently updated my brickshelf gallery with some new MOCs of mine.

I've been working had to improve on my previous attempt at a PCC-type
streetcar.  One inspired by the one here, http://www.streetcar.org/1059.html
that has been restored to run on Market Street right here in San Francisco
(I know the design is a stretch from the original).

Here it is:
The colors were chosen based on the limited pieces in my collection.

Another thing that i have been working on is a 6-wide steam engine. I
realize the wheel configuration is unlikely but nothing else seemed to look
right.  It was loosely based on the englne seen here:
http://gelwood.railfan.net/other/co/co-s490.jpg.  Once again I had to stray
from the original colors and design in order to complete the model (I would
have liked another yellow semi-circle for the front). But I think i got the
general shape correct.  I used recently aquired red slopes from the Star
Wars: Cloud Car set in order to complete the cab.  I hope to soon make a
tender car with a motor to power the train around the tracks.

Here it is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=10458

Any critisms or questions appreciated.

Thanks, Mike Knuepfel.