 Trains / 14670
Re: Another PCC attempt and 6w engine.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:03:12 GMT

Mike Knuepfel wrote in message ...
Hello everyone!

I've recently updated my brickshelf gallery with some new MOCs of mine.

I've been working had to improve on my previous attempt at a PCC-type
streetcar.  One inspired by the one here, • http://www.streetcar.org/1059.html
that has been restored to run on Market Street right here in San Francisco
(I know the design is a stretch from the original).

Here it is:
The colors were chosen based on the limited pieces in my collection.

That's looking very nice, Mike! I like the center doors with the texturing
particularly.

If you could get a red 1x4x2 classic window for the end instead of the 1x4x3
trans panel, it would probably look better and give a better "flow" to the
end. The power collector thingummy (can't remember the proper name) is a
little beefy to my eye... got any whip antennas or maybe a lance?

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
1st Annual SYSTEM Creativity Contest: http://www.creativity-contest.net/
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1