 Local / United States / Missouri / 129
Re: Lego Train Club in Missouri/Kansas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 04:48:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mo, Jim Davis writes:
I'm interested is being a part of, or helping form a LTC here in Missouri.
Are there any others out there still interested? It only takes a few active
individuals to get something started, and I'm willing to put a fair amount
of effort into such a club. It would sure be nice to get Missouri
recognized, or at least start laying the foundation down for an informal
club to have some fun.

Jim
Springfield, MO

Count me in. I have been so envious of the "coast" train clubs (and the
MichLUG one) and would love to be a part of a MO/KS Lego Train Club (Notice
how I've expanded the geographic reach?).  Andrew Levering has already
produced some cool logos for the Central Midwest Lego Train Club. I think
eastern KS (where there are 3 of us within 25 minutes of KC) could fall into
this category.

I sent an e-mail out to a bunch of prospective LUGNET/Lego Club AFOL's in
the KC area in August. There were two other LUGNET members besides myself
who were interested in a Lego Train Club at that time (two in Olathe, one in
Lawrence, KS). Not quite enough numbers in August, but counting Andreas in
KC, you in Springfield, and Andrew Levering in St. Louis, that makes 6. I
think that's close to critical mass!

Let's start an e-mail list (I'll e-mail the others I contacted last summer)
and cross post everything to these two newsgroups as well. Because of the
previously low traffic here, I have not visited these newsgroups in 4 months
and stumbled across these messages by accident.

Also, I will cross post just this once to the general trains newsgroup in
the hopes of reaching a wider group in our area.

Thanks!

Mark Chan