 Technic / *12801 (-100)
  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

(...) If you have a scanner or digital camera, you could upload your drawings to brickshelf. (...) Hmmm.... If a zero is pressure release, how will the piston contract with no rubber bands? If the piston doesn't contract then the switch posistion (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Alexis Radial Air Compressor

(...) The Alexis Compressor looks great. Thanks for posting. I hope LEGO will be persuaded to come up with an ideal compressor to suit our needs. Would there be a reasonable demand? Well, I am bias... I say yes! Something like that would have many (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

(...) This shouldn't be a problem for me. I've come up with my own design for pneumatic logic gates (without using negative pressure even!) where each piston is attached to the handle of one or more switches very much like in your Synchropillar (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

(...) factor swtiches. The pistons are also a new form factor, one that no longer makes it easy to butt two pistons together. Might not be what you want if you are into pneumatic computing. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

(...) I have not yet played much with pneumatics yet - but I have bought plenty of Lego! In a nutshell, your timing is excellent. Lego is just now introducing a new pneumatics model that incorporates an insane amount of pneumatic components - wich (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic problems

Just contact lego, and they will send you a replacement. use the damaged one for fun! regards jt "Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HGA3o5.4y3@lugnet.com... (...) off the (...) non-lego (...) was I (...) Then I (...) I (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

(...) I'll try. (...) A large piston will have no problem with this. (...) (URL) above link will tell you. (...) If you find one, let me know, (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

While I'm waiting for an opportunity to pick up my first pneumatic components (I just need to make sure that my budget will allow for this), I've been trying to come up with some designs that are both creative and interesting ways to use them. I (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) Hi Tom - thank you very much! (...) It took me about 3 months to complete this one. I ended up pulling an all-nighter to finish the Ldraw file in time for the contest! (...) I orginally wanted to enter at least 2 rovers in the contest. I (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Pneumatic problems

(...) I don't think that flex system hose is the right thing to try. You might sacrifice a pneumatic T to replace the nipple. I've had good luck with that and epoxy. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic problems

Hey guys, I'm a bit in a pickle here. I was dismantling my 8042 Universal pneumatic set when I went to pull off the tube off the bottom inlet (The tube was pretty much glued in. It was a non-lego tube), the whole thing snapped off!! After (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Picture from 8455 Backhoe Loader inventory

(...) These new pneumatic pistons look like they would be hard to merge together into a linear dual piston configuration. So much for easy creations of logic gates. The new switches look very easy to work with though. Kevin (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Supercars: GT and GTS

(...) HI Thanx!!:) It's good to hear you like the GTS better. In my surroundings I hear that they like the GT better. For me this means that both cars are succesful creations. I was a bit afraid that the GTS was overdone, just too much, but your (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) Fantastic Miguel! I have been working a similar Rover concept for the last few months, although I must confess, that I have focused on the brute strength approach - with motors located at each wheel. My Rover is RCX controlled and has four (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Technic Supercars: GT and GTS

(...) Nice and interesting thoughts. Could very possibly be my next big project. A big sized 8858 is an option that somebody else proposed and it sounds pretty cool to me. But first I want to digitalize the GTcar before taking it apart. I think this (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Binary Pneumatic addition with two pistons

(...) Well, yes. Technic pins can be removed or added by hand, but that doesn't seem very practical for ram that is supposed to be readable *AND* writeable by the computer. (...) Cool. My wife just shakes her head muttering something about marrying (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Boolean logic using LEGO Pneumatics

(...) <snipped the links> Cool. I'm looking forward to your presentation! -TJ (just catchin' up on old posts) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pictures and NEW BRICKS from 8455 Backhoe Loader and 8454 firetruck

(...) I think it is too. I like the yellow color a lot. I think I'll get myself two - one for parts and the other just to build and display. The firetruck is also cool. Just have to have one. I can hardly wait until they are released over here. If (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Supercar Opinion Poll

If TLG ever produces a new Supercar, what do you want/not want TLG to put into it? (As in features, drivetrain style, steering, etc.) The reason I ask is the release of the 8455 Front End Loader, which caused me to wonder when/if TLG makes a new (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Binary Pneumatic addition with two pistons

(...) Using a vaccume was possible with old lego pneumatics, but positive pressure is always used with new LEGO. (...) You got that right. (...) Pins should be removable or addable. were you thinking of just sliding the axles? (...) My wife is very (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Picture from 8455 Backhoe Loader inventory

(...) Everything that is uploaded has to be "approved" first, before it is shown to the public. Now this approval is just to see if the pictures are Lego-related and are okay to be viewed by everybody, including children. When you add one picture (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Picture from 8455 Backhoe Loader inventory

(...) I don't understand how brickshelf work. But wait 30 min. then i think it will work... Kim Andersen (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Picture from 8455 Backhoe Loader inventory

(...) The link doesn't seem to work! It takes me to a page that says "This folder has not yet been made public." Can someone explain this? I have to see the pics! Max (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Picture from 8455 Backhoe Loader inventory

Hey I have now updated the gallery with a new picture off the inventory: (URL) Andersen (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) Hi Philo, Thanks. I tried to balance bulk and modularity, but I would love to see someone come up with a simpler, more compact version. As far as practical applications for the design go, I can clearly imagine a vehicle with panoramic (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Binary Pneumatic addition with two pistons

(...) Not exactly... Like you, I was assuming that the position of the cylinders would be the input, but I was thinking of using just the airflow directly as an output rather than the position of another switch. As long as the cylinders are made so (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hi Miguel, Very interesting conception, superb instructions! I need to try that one... (...) Good luck ;o) Philo www.philohome.com PS: (URL) and (URL) links are broken (the first should be baseins.html) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Hi Jason, I'm glad you like the engine. I'm not really into engines. I was just trying to satisfy Paul Kreig's desire to have a reversible engine, and it struck me that a differential was an easy mechanical way to do it. I love differentials. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Binary Pneumatic addition with two pistons

(...) Hi Mark, (...) I've maded two pneumatic adding machines ((URL) and I can attest that it works quite well. With LEGO Pneumatics, the pistons are double acting. They have a port to make them expand as well as port to make them contract. This is (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pictures and NEW BRICKS from 8455 Backhoe Loader and 8454 firetruck

(...) Well you should cut get in your nearst LEGOLAND park..., and it should come on S@H in a few weeks... ;-) I agree with you, we need to "Get back to basic". But you can always do like this: (URL) Andersen (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Binary Pneumatic addition with two pistons

(...) Hey Kevin. Big fan here. I'm not sure if anyone has ever observed this before, but if one is only ever wants the pneumatic switch to be at one of the two extreme ends, it appears as if the LEGO pneumatic switches behave exactly like electrical (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) works, but now I get it. For anyone else who's lost, here's how I understand it: The casing of the differential is held still by the gear in the clear box. This means that the input shaft from the pistons comes in, turns the inner differential (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Pictures and NEW BRICKS from 8455 Backhoe Loader and 8454 firetruck

(...) There is no airtank, but if you take out the engine, you may put an air tank in there... That's the good thing about LEGO, you can do what you want... Kim Andersen (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Inventor stuff

Haven't posted in a while. Just bought a couple of 4094. Had to take a look :) I like the general idea. Full 4x4 stud receptacles on the underside of the motors really sticks them down well compared to the "regular" geared motor. Compatible height (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pictures and NEW BRICKS from 8455 Backhoe Loader and 8454 firetruck

(...) Wow, where/when can I get one of these sets? It's as if all the other ideas I had for my 8862 set but never got round to implementing have been brought to light. I especially like the pneumatic rotation of the backhoe - mine used a horribly (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pictures and NEW BRICKS from 8455 Backhoe Loader and 8454 firetruck

(...) <snip> (...) I'm definitly going to order one of these--looks like it could be one of the finest technic sets since the space shuttle. What I did notice, after looking at the inventory, is that there is 10 cylinders, 2 pumps, but no air (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Pictures and NEW BRICKS from 8455 Backhoe Loader and 8454 firetruck

Hey Now i have uploade some pictures to brickshelf: (URL) this picture you can see all the bricks include in the set: (URL) think it's worth it's price. 770DKR ~ 121,91$ ---...--- The new firetruck 8454 can bee seen here: (URL) regards Kim Andersen (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Perfect geometry for large pump compressor

Conventional wisdom says that compressors made with small pumps are best (ever noticed the price differential between large pumps and small pumps on bricklink?) Primarily this is true because the large pump provides much more resitance than the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Binary Pneumatic addition with two pistons

In my continued quest to develop pneumatic computing capabilities (what can I say, I'm a geek), I created a combination AND and exclusive or (XOR) gate using two pistons and five switches. This combination lets me add to bits using just two pistons, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  MOC Differtimento

Hi all, After a quite a bit of time, I have a new MOC ready. Differtimento is my entry for the Planetery Society's Build a Better Rover Contest (URL) mentioned here too (URL) is a skid-steer vehicle that incorporates a differential connected to both (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Cool Pictures on Brickshelf

Mmmm...mmm! Yellow beams! (URL) (Not mine though) Max (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8455 Backhoe Loader, is in the house...

(...) That's awesome dude. How did you get your hands on one so early? Is there a second model? What can it do? (...) Hey thanks, I can't wait for those pictures. If I have to wait another day i'll go mad (call me impatient). Thanks again Allan. (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

Here are two pictures, the left image shows the engine running forward. The right image shows it running backwards. You can see that the differential case is turned about 90 degrees between the two images. (URL) still haven't worked on building (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Rahkshi are camera shy

Vorahk captured on film - barely. (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.animation)

  Re: 8455 Backhoe Loader, is in the house...

(...) LUCKY!! Where do you live?? When did you get it??? I have so many questions! Is it worth the price? Is it good? LOL! Okay I will stop and wait until someone replies or when it is available at Shop@Home. Steve M. (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 Backhoe Loader, is in the house...

(...) Hi Kim, How did you manage to get it so soon? Stéphane S. (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Alexis Radial Air Compressor

(...) Yes, I quite agree with you. I think it is a matter of physics - you can only get out so much air power what you put in, in electrical watts of power. You could try adding more of the LEGO motors even the R/C buggy ones, but I think it can (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Alexis Radial Air Compressor

(...) My solution to insufficent air pressure generation was to replace the gear motor in my triple compressor with one of the motors from the R/C buggy. It works brilliantly. Instead of adding compressors, I simply run the ones I have faster. The (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars: EyeGee-EightToaEight (IG-8OA8)

(2 URLs) While the basic gun designs were posted almost two weeks ago, this character actually premiered at the MichLUG meeting that I attended earlier today. He looks a bit goofy, but I've come to the conclusion that, with the exception of the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.org.us.michlug, FTX)

  The Alexis Radial Air Compressor

Hi pneumatic fans, Hot on the heels of the radial engine by Paul Krieg comes another radial design. After building Paul's radial engine, Joe Laleman has come up with his own multi-motor multi-pump compressor, inspired by the radial engine: (URL) Joe (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Okay, this is bugging me...

(...) Yup -- I used to have to bite 'em and pull my head back while pushing the pieces back to get them out -- Now my fingernails just pull them and it's really easy. Hey by the way, I just noticed some stuff on the right hand side of this message (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What Happened to REAL Technic Sets?

(...) I was looking at UK prices. Didn't notice which country until I looked again. For (URL) UK> click here. Max (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  8455 Backhoe Loader, is in the house...

Hey The 8455 Backhoe Loader have been in my living room for a couble off days. It's great, i will soon post some pictures off the model and the box... Best regards Kim Andersen Denmark (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

In the Netherlands 8465 is EUR 44,99 and 8466 is EUR129,- At todays rates that makes $53,15 for the 8465 and $152,39 for the 8466. Somehow I think you'll get them cheaper in the US... Duq "Max Maxwell" <r34_v@yahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What Happened to REAL Technic Sets?

(...) It seems as if the 8465 and 8466 are available for S@H in Europe, and for less than what I'd pay here in the US ($20 or so, not sure what currency though). because. Any idea why they don't offer them in the US anymore? I have asked TLG if I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What Happened to REAL Technic Sets?

I too miss some of the great Technic sets from Lego history (my first was 856). I agree with what you said though. There are a few sets I wanted that I have missed over the years, but really wanted (8459, 8856, 8862). I think there are a lot of (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Okay, this is bugging me...

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:HG3BK8.182y@lugnet.com... (...) me. (...) and I (...) whereas my (...) The notched versions are one of those "What took so long to bring out?!?" redesigned LEGO parts. For those of (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Okay, this is bugging me...

(...) You better believe it. Onua started shipping with two notchless #2's and I have to be very careful with needlenose pliers to remove them from a blind connection (ie, one where they can't be pushed out the other side), whereas my fingernails (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What Happened to REAL Technic Sets?

(...) Maybe if you actually bought the stuff you like they'd make more. Do you realize how silly it sounds to say you want them to make stuff you'd like to buy right after admitting you didn't buy the stuff you liked? Consider this, though. It (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Okay, this is bugging me...

(...) I guess to make removing them from something easier. Seems to work for me. Max (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Okay, this is bugging me...

What is the purpose of the notches in notched axles? >> Mark (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Supercars: GT and GTS

(...) I personally like the GTS better. What the 8448 Supercar could have been. :) Max (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What Happened to REAL Technic Sets?

(...) Yeah there is, but the term that I'm thinking of wouldn't be appropriate to say in a newslist like this. >> Mark (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  What Happened to REAL Technic Sets?

I just realized that TLG no longer makes the 8466 and 8465 Technic sets. These were some of my current favorites, and I don't have the 8465! The new Designer Series stuff is nice, but I don't think they are REAL Technic things. Mindstorms is great, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technic Supercars: GT and GTS

Hey these are great! I always liked building Cars. There are so many functional details on these! The GT and GTS are some of my favorite creations that I have seen in a while. (as far as Technic Cars go, not to many around, always good to see more) (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: Car chassis

(...) What if you used an inline four engine design instead of the V6? It should allow the front chassis, and therefore the steering rack, to be not as wide. I don't really think it would affect the realism of the model. Actually, if it's not (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Updated my Technic-Gallery: 8428 , 8853 and 8858

Hi, made some new pics of my technic sets: (URL) you'll like them :) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8880 Supercar

Hi, thnx. I painteed the background on my own ;) Mainly for the castle-sets but I figured out that technic looks quite nice with that background, too. I'll translate the 8880-Page someday :) (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8880 Supercar

Jep, the car was extremly dusty...but some hours later after washing the bricks where like new ones !! I've got the original box of my 8880, too. :) I'll make some pictures some day. Kai (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

"Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:HG0rH4.Ho2@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) > the propeller... (...) yeah so we can stop talking i thought the idea is to buid flying machine (as pure as possible from lego parts) because (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My site is down :-(

Site seems ok, And everything seems to be up'n'running btw Dennis, the Audi you have, is that a S2?? In that case, I have an RS6!!! Whats up? "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HEyuxG.GqL@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

"Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:HG0rs4.Jx1@lugnet.com... (...) this is probably true but we set this idea some time ago and we came to the same conclusion and we are trying to use as less as possible non-lego (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I Win!

(...) But, its an improvement. How many threads have been tossed around complaining about the backlash problem with worm gears and the various gear boxes. I'm telling you that this new gear box is an improved version of the old config. What's with (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: I Win!

(...) But it's still a worm gear, so it's really only good for positioning devices, not for gear reduction. I agree with others that a small, efficient gear reducer would be more useful than another worm. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I Win!

(...) Doh! You win! I'll get you yet! P.S. I got mine yesterday. P.S. The worm gear box is a superior design, less backlash, stays crispy in milk. e (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) You have no need to apoligize. Your way of understanding is completely valid and brings to light many new ideas way outside the scope of my thinking and that of many others, I'm sure. I believe I do understand your explaination. So, it makes (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

<snip> (...) You don't get very good speed control. I'd think that using the small range between completely off and completely on for one of the ports of a switch would be a better speed control. In the parially on state, you'd get constricted flow. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

(...) That hovercraft is excellent, and I like the use of fairings for a propellor. It looks fairly powerful, but I suspect it would produce more radial pressure than linear thrust. Thus no good as a propulsive device. The film used for the skirt (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

(...) Well, that hovercraft uses a large non-LEGO film for the skirt. (...) So, okay, you're saying it's EVEN DENSER and less likely to fly. (...) It is if you're using LEGO for the wing. It's not if you're going to use some other material. (...) So (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Thanks. (...) Correct. (...) Right ;^) (...) Yes, you can reverse the engine on the fly. It doesn't take much to make the engine not run. It takes a quarter turn of the case to get from ideal forward to ideal backward. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) pneumatic (...) give (...) Kevin, Awesome! I love to see a differential being used in new and interesting ways. -- Eric (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Wow! I saw your first reversible engine and I kind of got lost in all of the tubing. Needless to say, it was quite an accomplishment. Its amazing how far you have been able to take the analogy between pneumatics and electronics. But, I kept (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  8448 All-Wheel Drive

Not sure where I should post this, so I'm just sorta guessing here as to where to post. Whatever gets me an answer, I suppose. So here goes. Does anyone have a good, strong, and small (emphasize strong)(similar in size to the original) solution to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, FTX)

  BIONICLE Experience opening June 28th at LLCA

Legoland CA will have 2 new Bionicle attractions opening on June 28th. The first is: "New to the Imagination Zone, LEGOLAND's new BIONICLE Experience will give you an inside look at the facinating BIONICLE story. Also, see memorabilia from the new (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Wow, that's a great design for a reversible and variable speed pneumatic engine. An ingenious use of the differential gear, too. And not to fret about correctness of the explanation. If it works, it must be correct ;-) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Hi Paul, Sorry about the posts not making sense. The differential lets me make continuous timing adjustment through 360 degrees. The two pistons are offset by 90 degrees, as are the switches. The differential lets you set the angle between the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  I Win!

(...) I ordered mine second day air before you even created the challenge. It showed up today. I've got my first walker. Not pretty, but is made exclusively from parts in 4094. I win! LOL! (URL) (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Where has Technica gone??

Technica, one of the best Technics resource sites has gone. Does anyone know of a new location for it? The link I have been using is:- (URL) refer to this site often but for the past week or so haven't been able to get on to it. Regards, Bernard (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Hi Kevin, Wow!!! You have quite a talent! Now, why is it that I have to read all your postings 3 or 4 times? If I understand right, you are able to continually adjust the timing in each direction up to 45 degrees? Other valve gears that are (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  uCOG VI, improved leg geometry

I hope you enjoy my 6th version of my micromotor based weight shifting walker. I've been able to eliminate the need for two parts by improving the leg geometry of uCOG V. By changing the way the drive axles attach to the foot, you can adjust the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

After reasonable feedback about the complexity of my first reversible pneumatic engine, I realized there was a very simple mechanical solution that would give reversability *and* variable speed. (URL) difference between going forward vs. backwards (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build) !!

"Jona" <jona@24tooth.com> wrote in message news:HFyIFz.uL8@lugnet.com... (...) keep diging you should find more pictures and movies :))) (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

Until I saw this (URL) hovercraft> I took your point of view. Not I am not too sure. There is another person building an airplane wing using a Technic framework (I think axels and flex hoses) wrapped in a plastic sheet of some sort that is shrunk (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

"Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:HFyDvx.9IF@lugnet.com... (...) that's why i didn't say it's not possible :) i heard someone here who said the lego hovercraft will not work... (...) sorry but it not true i bougt (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

I seriously doubt you could build a flying machine entirely from LEGO. I know this may sound like 18th Century scoffing, but there are some good reasons for this. First is that LEGO plastic is quite dense and makes for fairly thick walls compared to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Technic Supercars: GT and GTS

Hi all! I've updated the GT car. For the fans there is a tuned up version of the GT car: the GTS. The S stands for Sport edition. This time it has some big wings both on the frontside and on the backside. It has now some sidebars too, just like (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: My new Walker

(...) Thanks, I looked into the design of about 12 other micro walkers so the mechanics are similar to those. That could be why it looks familar. (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Dauphin A 365 more details and pneumatic controls

I posted more detailled pictures of the main rotor. I add pneumatic controls for better use. The mechanical contrains on the controls system underside are very lighter. The Flexsystem has worked to hard. This is more easy to see how operate the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Mo'betta Mo'betta pics of on biomechanicalbricks.com

Mo'betta pics of me, the Jamocklaquat, and the Little Bots Series. All New Photography! Please have a look. (URL) Brighter Jama Picture:> (URL) 7 Little Sort Bots:> (2 URLs) me:> More goodies soon. e <www.biomechanicalbricks.com> (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

(...) Mmmm... Nice idea.... Just a week ago I’ve seen, on a website, a wired ‘Hovering UFO’ like this: (2 URLs) to see more> ...and here another RC 'UFO': (URL) How to realize a so light structure made of LEGO? Maybe using Flex System Hoses? Bye! (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact