 Technic / 10564
Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:16:30 GMT

<snip>
One thing I'm not sure I understand is how this setup allows the speed of the
engine to be adjusted. Is it because as the timing is changed from one 'ideal'
position to the other, the engine runs rougher when the timing is off? I suppose
this would slow it down, but its not exactly an ideal method of speed control :)

You don't get very good speed control.  I'd think that using the small range
between completely off and completely on for one of the ports of a switch would
be a better speed control.  In the parially on state, you'd get constricted
flow.  I'll have to try it.

Kevin