 Technic / 10621
Re: Pictures and NEW BRICKS from 8455 Backhoe Loader and 8454 firetruck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:45:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kim Andersen wrote:
Hey

Now i have uploade some pictures to brickshelf:

On this picture you can see all the bricks include in the set:

I think it's worth it's price.
770DKR ~ 121,91$

I think it is too. I like the yellow color a lot. I think I'll get myself two -
one for parts and the other just to build and display. The firetruck is also
cool. Just have to have one. I can hardly wait until they are released over
here.

If this is just the beginning of more and better Technic, I can't wait until the
next-generation Supercar arrives!

Anyway, it seems kind of odd that the 8455 has 10 pneumatic pistons with two
handpumps, but no compressor or air tanks. It seems like it must take constant
pumping to use the pneumatics. I do like how it uses pneumatics to rotate the
scoop, instead of gears. I wonder if the wheels are motorizable though. I do
hope this is just the beginning of a larger Technic product line, and not the
beginning of the end. But more studded beams would be nice.

Max