 Technic / 10634
Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:11:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Tarrabain wrote:

BTW, it seems like buying the pneumatic components individually can get
pretty pricey if one is getting more than just a handful.  Are there any
current technic sets that have more than just a couple of pneumatic
components that might be a better bargain?

I have not yet played much with pneumatics yet - but I have bought plenty of
Lego! In a nutshell, your timing is excellent. Lego is just now introducing a
new pneumatics model that incorporates an insane amount of pneumatic components
- wich are newer versions of the existing stuff. Take a look at:

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=10602

Chances are that this model will also drive the prices down on ebay / bricklink
as well. Up to now, pneumantic components have indeed been pricey. Not taking
into account the new backhoe, I would say that if you're building a pneumatics
workshop from scratch, you're looking at spending somewhere in between the cost
of an RCX and the cost of a RIS box.