 Technic / 10641
Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:21:31 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Hmmm....  If a zero is pressure release, how will the piston contract with no
rubber bands?  If the piston doesn't contract then the switch posistion won't
change.

The premise would be that I would actually be supplying inputs to both
ends of a destination piston.  Since my gates produce *BOTH* the
required combinational logic output and its complement on two separate
valves, I just hook both airflow outputs up to the two ends of a
destination cylinder to produce the desired result in the output cylinder.

Got it I think.

I use the pneumatic LDraw parts created by JP Brown.

You can get them here:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/pneumaped/index.htm

Read down near the bottom of the page.

To create the tubes you can use a program called LSynth that I wrote.  YOu can
get it at http://www.users.qwest.net.

This should be http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague

Ah, a self-plug never hurts, does it?  :)  I'll look into it.

I got tired of not being able to document my pneumatic designs.

Thanks for the fast response.

Mark

Kevin