 Technic / 10642
Re: Pneumatic problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:37:02 GMT

try the local office, in your country
best regards
jt
"Puffie40" <puffie40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HGADH0.1oDM@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Jan-Tore Skålvik wrote:
Just contact lego, and they will send you a replacement.

How do I do that?

use the damaged one for fun!

Who knows? maybe glue the bottom one off, and try using it as a • compresser!:)

I am trying a different glue this time.  I am trying JB weld.  It's • starting to
look hopeful for now.

Chris Pritchard

regards
jt

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Chris Pritchard wrote:
Hey guys,  I'm a bit in a pickle here.

I was dismantling my 8042 Universal pneumatic set when I went to pull • off the
tube off the bottom inlet (The tube was pretty much glued in. It was a • non-lego
tube), the whole thing snapped off!!

After dismantling the cyilendar, I am trying to fix it up.  What I • did was I
took a 1/8" drill bit and, turning it by hand, drilled a small hole. • Then I
took a piece of flex system tubing, and now I'm trying to Epoxy it in. • I left
it overnight, and I put a piece of tubing on it, and when I pulled the • tube off,
the flex tube I glued on came with it!

And that's where I am now.  I am retrying epoxying it back in.  I am • using
Lepage 5 min epoxy. any suggestions, or do I need to use a stronger • glue?

I don't think that flex system hose is the right thing to try.

You might sacrifice a pneumatic T to replace the nipple.  I've had good • luck
with that and epoxy.

Thanks for ANY suggestions,

Chris Pritchard

Kevin