 Technic / 10605
10604  |  10606
Subject:
Inventor stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 03:42:44 GMT

Haven't posted in a while.

Just bought a couple of 4094. Had to take a look :)

I like the general idea. Full 4x4 stud receptacles on the underside of the
motors really sticks them down well compared to the "regular" geared motor.

Compatible height above the mounting plane for the shafts makes construction
with the different geared elements a breeze.

I like the sets, although I think this is the first "technical set" which
actually had too few tired wheels! ie; none ??

But... !!!

Silicone grease is escaping from one or more of the units. I haven't figured out
if it's just one element or multiple ones yet. I first discovered this because a
2x2 45 degree slope brick spontaneously popped off the brick it was attached to
while just sitting there. Very odd I thought. Upon closer investigation, I
discovered that silicone grease was slow spreading to all the parts I was
touching. This is bad. Very bad! All the parts from the couple of 4094 sets are
now in quarantine until I figure out how to deal with this. I dare not
contaminate the rest of "my stuff" with grease!!!

Anyone else noted this, or do I have just one, as yet unidentified, leaker?

best

JB

ps: I was NOT eating pizza during this particular building session ;)